MM1988

Crazy Holotropic Breathwork Experience

4 posts in this topic

Every time I did holotropic breathwork I mostly just felt numbness and a certain effect but nothing psychedelic or any kind of emotiona release in any way so I tried to combine it with Wim Hof.

Basically I made my room completely dark and did 20 mins of holotropic breahting with shamanic drumming music. Everybody who knows the Wim Hof method knows that it starts basicall out with 30 cycles of holotropic breathing. So after 20 minutes I just let the last breath out and stopped breathing and immediately a very psychedelic feeling came over me. It instantly reminded me of LSD, I saw colors on my ceiling and my body felt unreal due to the numbness. I lied there for about 10 minutes, my mind went crazy and then it got a bit scary and I opened my window and got up.

I dont know how safe that is but its the most psychedelic experience I had without using drugs.

@MM1988 I also experienced smth similar but in 3-5 min.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

5 hours ago, MM1988 said:

I dont know how safe that is

@MM1988 There are potential risks for users, especially those with underlying conditions. I'd be willing to bet if you told a doctor what you are doing they would tell you to stop immediately. Seriously, what is there to gain from doing this anyway? Is it really worth the risks? IMO you'd be better off trying something like lucid dreaming or astral travel.

6 hours ago, MM1988 said:

So after 20 minutes I just let the last breath out and stopped breathing and immediately a very psychedelic feeling came over me.

Oxygen starvation to the brain. That can't be a good thing.

@cetus56 I dont know if its starvation because after you hyperventilate you can go for a while without air. But its probably something along those lines, you are right it doesnt feel healthy to me but it was worth a try. However, worst case I think you probably pass out and thats it.