Soulbass

Herbal infusion ?

12 posts in this topic

Dr. Nun S. Amen Ra mentioned in his video (interview) that he drinks a lot of herbal infusions during his daily 23h / day fast.

What kind of herbs ?

Why ?

@Michael569

I shouldn't have mentioned this guy ^^

I've found :

- Hibiscus
- Rose Hips
- Clove
- Cinnamon
- Chamomile
- Lemongrass
- Lemon
- Ginger
- Turmeric/Curcuma (same thing)

@Moreira both Amen ra's and Amen ra's debunkers sayings seems valid.

I've decided to try it out, and to figure out for myself.

Amen ra is saying that when our body have restricted amount of calories, the cells (proteins) which have a longer life-span, are destroyed and regenerated more quickly - which makes the body biologically and physiologically younger (it's his theory).

I've experienced the benefits of a 5-days fast several times, but I don't know about his muscles, if it's real or not (it seems to have a matter with carbohydrates, since he don't eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, but gives priority to tubers).

Here is a list of carbohydrates contained in food :

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/visual-guides

Tom Campbell's view of health is yet another totally different thing, which involves entropy and "incertitude".

@Soulbass 

Herbal infusions are very good if you use the right kind of herbs that suit your body . But, before you opt for herbal infusions try to identify your body type. Below link can help you do that with a quiz. This is just a basic guide to identify the doshas of your body. Depending on doshas, you can choose the right herbs for you. Otherwise a wrong herb can aggravate your doshas and create unnecessary problems in the long run.  

If you are serious about finding the right combination that works then Its better you do some research further, before settling for an infusion as all infusions doesn't work for everyone alike. May be I'm proposing an entirely alien topic for you, but hope that it helps you make the right choices.

https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/ayurvedic-living/learning-ayurveda/vata-pitta-and-kapha/

Good luck.

@Charlie_B  I know so little about Ayurveda, but this is not an alien topic ^^

Great link, thanks

Edit: I'll research this field, and do my "test and try"

Edited by Soulbass

On 24/08/2018 at 9:36 PM, Soulbass said:

Dr. Nun S. Amen Ra mentioned in his video (interview) that he drinks a lot of herbal infusions during his daily 23h / day fast.

What kind of herbs ?

Why ?

@Michael569

Sorry dude, no idea about this one. I definitely believe infusions  work for inflammatory and destructive lung conditions such as asthma, emphysema etc but can't really tell you which ones and how to prepare them. Do some google research.

Is there a particular health conditions you are looking to tackle? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Nope, no health condition - just trying to optimize stuff.

I'm doing my research, I though it was a good idea to ask on the forum.

Thank you for reply.

They assist and boost autophagy and many other benefits. Its beneficial substances assist the overall fasted state in general as well for energy, recovery, chemical assistance ect... Dr Nun is definitely not a fraud he is just extremely intelligent most people lack the education to comprehend the mechanism and understanding he has come by. I don't agree with him 100% but his method does work, its actually simple if you understand the science and understand how nature and the human body works.

B R E A T H E

On 8/27/2018 at 7:15 PM, Soulbass said:

@Charlie_B  I know so little about Ayurveda, but this is not an alien topic ^^

Great link, thanks

Edit: I'll research this field, and do my "test and try"

@Soulbass This book might be  off topic but if you want to understand more about Ayurveda and wellness in general (in Indian context though) then this won't disappoint you. I found it recently which I haven't yet completed, but would like to share as it was brilliant so far. 

"The Wellness Sense: A practical guide to your physical and emotional health based on Ayurvedic and yogic wisdom" by Om Swami 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Wellness-Sense-practical-emotional-Ayurvedic-ebook/dp/B00QKQYFE0

I recently read the author's biography "If truth be told" as it was mentioned in one of Leo's Top 200 self-help books. It was a great experience reading his life. And am exploring other books by this author and every book is a gem. 

I hope it helps you and others in this forum.

Good Luck.

@Charlie_B I've bought it, it's my next read. Thanks !

I knew Om Swami (from the book list) and I'm focusing on practical readings these days, so that's a perfect choice.

Edited by Soulbass

@Moreira You don't know. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.