Solvinden

Doing is exhausting

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I really dislike living the self-disciplined kind of life. Nevertheless, I think self-discipline is important. Basically, I'm doing 90% of the time the things that I want to do which is good. The problem is that I can't enjoy the moment in all of this doing. Most of the time, I'd rather like to crash on the couch.

As a result, I'm unhappy even though I live the life that I think is best for me. Any advice on how I can fix this problem? I think I need to learn to enjoy the moment even if doing something feels unpleasant. But I feel like that awareness just doen't "work" in this case,

I do 2h of spiritual work a day, do sports, approach women and put quite some effort into my work.

Love,

Solvinden

Try Strong determination sitting for 1h + observing any phenomena you experience without attachment for your meditation. You workout your equanimity muscle and learn to love discomfort\unpleasant feelings. Works wonders .

Edited by Hello from Russia

Create a schedule to discipline yourself. I would just use a timetable app to do what you want to do. At specific times you will drop everything and just do it without any questions or thought. Do this with the vision of bettering your life. Every action you take is an action that is within your vision

When you don't feel like it, visualize yourself doing it, and then do it. Visualize every single step, like putting on your shoes, getting into the car, driving the to the gym, etc.

Timetables are a nice way to discipline yourself. Have goals as well, like when doing sports.

You're not human, you're the universe

@Solvinden

Something simple you can do that may help is just treat yourself everyday. Do something that you don't "have" to do, but just that you enjoy.

A real good example is dancing. It sounds cheesy especially as a guy, but just throw on some music you like and rock it. Or have a conversation with a good friend. Or watch some stand up comedy.

Just inject some more fun that also isn't self-destructive.