Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheSomeBody

I think i found my root cause

7 posts in this topic

I just understand that my defult mode is to feel that sonething wrong or bad in my life ans i have to fix it so i try many things. I cany imagane any situation that i will feel fine, maybe better but not fine,not happy. I always on something and i ubdestand that i will find nothing.

I took ssri but i stopped, i dont want to take it back, i know i will not have this feelings but i would not feel life, i would be dead.

Someone feels the same? Some fixed it?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

The mind can be tricky. Sometimes something really is wrong and needs to be fixed. Sometimes it is an erroneous belief but the feelings are real. Sometimes the mind shapes the feelings, sometimes the feelings shape the mind. Sometimes biology effects the mind, sometimes the mind overrides biology. It is complex.

You could try emotional freedom technique. I recently had a cool experience with it. It is scientifically validated as well at this point.

https://bebrainfit.com/tapping-anxiety-benefits/

"Researchers from prestigious institutions such as Harvard Medical School, University of California, Walter Reed Military Medical Center, and Texas A&M University have published over 100 studies on EFT in peer-reviewed medical and psychology journals. (11)

Conditions studied include stress, anxiety, depression, phobias, PTSD, pain, and addictions. (12)

Harvard Medical School psychiatrist Rick Leskowitz, MD, director of the Integrative Medicine Project, has gone on record saying tapping is “the most impressive intervention I’ve encountered in 25 years of work.” (13)

Clinical EFT treatment administered by trained practitioners has met the American Psychological Association’s standards as an “efficacious” or “probably efficacious” treatment for a number of conditions, including anxiety, depression, phobias, and PTSD."

A tapping protocol unique to you might be something like: " Even though I always see something wrong in my life I love and accept myself completely. My mind always goes to dark places. it makes me feel terrible. WHat if there was another way. what if I could be happy. what if I could change? WIll I do what it takes? I know I can do it."

tapping-points.jpg

The kingdom of heaven is within.

6 hours ago, Colin said:

The mind can be tricky. Sometimes something really is wrong and needs to be fixed. Sometimes it is an erroneous belief but the feelings are real. Sometimes the mind shapes the feelings, sometimes the feelings shape the mind. Sometimes biology effects the mind, sometimes the mind overrides biology. It is complex.

You could try emotional freedom technique. I recently had a cool experience with it. It is scientifically validated as well at this point.

https://bebrainfit.com/tapping-anxiety-benefits/

"Researchers from prestigious institutions such as Harvard Medical School, University of California, Walter Reed Military Medical Center, and Texas A&M University have published over 100 studies on EFT in peer-reviewed medical and psychology journals. (11)

Conditions studied include stress, anxiety, depression, phobias, PTSD, pain, and addictions. (12)

Harvard Medical School psychiatrist Rick Leskowitz, MD, director of the Integrative Medicine Project, has gone on record saying tapping is “the most impressive intervention I’ve encountered in 25 years of work.” (13)

Clinical EFT treatment administered by trained practitioners has met the American Psychological Association’s standards as an “efficacious” or “probably efficacious” treatment for a number of conditions, including anxiety, depression, phobias, and PTSD."

A tapping protocol unique to you might be something like: " Even though I always see something wrong in my life I love and accept myself completely. My mind always goes to dark places. it makes me feel terrible. WHat if there was another way. what if I could be happy. what if I could change? WIll I do what it takes? I know I can do it."

tapping-points.jpg

i dont have an anxiety. 

i just cant  accept / get real satisfaction.

depression then

The kingdom of heaven is within.

21 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

i dont have an anxiety. 

i just cant  accept / get real satisfaction.

That could well be a hidden anxiety. Or not.

I feel like maybe we're on a similar path - although my pain shows slightly differently.

I don't have experience with 'emotional freedom technique', but I do think that techniques of amplifying and releasing emotions could be a way for you. Right now I'm using holotropic breathwork and getting some results. I think it's because these emotional patterns are formed so early in childhood, that you need non-verbal (body-oriented) techniques to access, see and perhaps change them.

Of course, maybe you'll find another path is more beneficial for you personally.

5 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

That could well be a hidden anxiety. Or not.

I feel like maybe we're on a similar path - although my pain shows slightly differently.

I don't have experience with 'emotional freedom technique', but I do think that techniques of amplifying and releasing emotions could be a way for you. Right now I'm using holotropic breathwork and getting some results. I think it's because these emotional patterns are formed so early in childhood, that you need non-verbal (body-oriented) techniques to access, see and perhaps change them.

Of course, maybe you'll find another path is more beneficial for you personally.

what your experience with it? how much intense are the breathings technique feels??

Edited by TheSomeBody

8 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

what your experience with it? how much intense are the breathings technique feels??

I wrote one report in the holotropic breathwork megathread, see the bookmark in my profile. I visited another seminar recently with the specific intention to target a pain I've been carrying around for years. I haven't written a report yet. Briefly, I got incredible support from the facilitators with bodywork, and I lived through some traumatizing family shit. Now I feel the painful feeling expanded a little, giving slightly more space to breathe, and I can now change my body posture consciously too.

To me, the intensity is manageable. BUT, I've been through years of conventional talk therapy before, which didn't really help with my pain but certainly gave me the necessary skills (awareness and acceptance) to do this kind of emotional work, and I do need more time then most people before I can go back to work after the seminar. So if you feel you've got huge gaps in your emotional self-awareness, don't go unprepared, take up therapy too and otherwise line up support for yourself. You'll likely be back to your (hopefully slightly improved) normal within two days or two weeks, but basically you can never be totally sure.