TheSomeBody

80 10 10 diet

11 posts in this topic

im starting to the 80 10 10 diet, i feel pretty good but the amont of food that i need to eat is unbearable for this diet. i cant eat that much.

my reson for the diet is for mental clarity,but eating that much not helping that much for clarity. it is better than meat but i feel like it is not he optimal diet.

what your opinion? what is the best diet for mental clarity for you?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Vegan diet is the best choice. For your psychical and mental health, for environment and for sure - animals. I am vegan for 2 years, best choice ever, feel so much better and my psychical performance is also increasing. But vegan diet still has sub-diets and your mentioned one is one of the most extreme, It's very hard and I think not really neccessary. If your goal is mental clarity just live on vegan diet and try to have raw veggies and fruits as atleast half of your calorie intake, there is no need to go all raw or fruitarian, It's complicated and can create a looot of problems and in my opinion It's not worth It. I tried fruitarian diet for almost week, It's hard to eat enough calories, even harder to get all basic nutrients, won't even mention all essential vitamins and minerals. What I can recomend you to check is fasting, that works wonders both for psychical and mental health/performance. Gradually go to 8/16 or 10/14 eating window and you will feel better than ever, for sure If you keep track of what you consume and of quantity.  I personally dont do It because thats hard to combine with my sports activities (require high calorie amount), but at that time I felt the best.

21 hours ago, Feel Good said:

@TheSomeBody

Doug Graham 80/10/10 Is surely a guideline. Just eat what you can tolerate.

There is a guy on here who survives on a couple of hundred calories per day and is thriving.

Yes it's a scientific anomaly. I'm researching the whole issue! Incredible things happening!!!

who is that?

21 hours ago, RabbitHole said:

Vegan diet is the best choice. For your psychical and mental health, for environment and for sure - animals. I am vegan for 2 years, best choice ever, feel so much better and my psychical performance is also increasing. But vegan diet still has sub-diets and your mentioned one is one of the most extreme, It's very hard and I think not really neccessary. If your goal is mental clarity just live on vegan diet and try to have raw veggies and fruits as atleast half of your calorie intake, there is no need to go all raw or fruitarian, It's complicated and can create a looot of problems and in my opinion It's not worth It. I tried fruitarian diet for almost week, It's hard to eat enough calories, even harder to get all basic nutrients, won't even mention all essential vitamins and minerals. What I can recomend you to check is fasting, that works wonders both for psychical and mental health/performance. Gradually go to 8/16 or 10/14 eating window and you will feel better than ever, for sure If you keep track of what you consume and of quantity.  I personally dont do It because thats hard to combine with my sports activities (require high calorie amount), but at that time I felt the best.

for me when i eat raw i feel amazing.  fasting too but i am changing my diet so fasting is not a good idea for now

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Dr Nun Amen Ra Might be of interest ;)

B R E A T H E

@TheSomeBody If only there were a perfect diet for everyone! We all have unique bodies, energy systems, organ health, levels of toxification, not to mention we all come in various shapes and sizes, living in a wide range of climates with certain blood types, from certain cultural backgrounds that can digest foods other cultures can’t :) 

So even a food We know as healthy such as an apple could imbalance your body, and make your organs too cold to function correctly. Food as such is a delicate subject that is case by case. For one person a diet high in meat may be necessary to build up the blood when a person has been malnourished for a certain number of years as can happen on a fruitarian diet. A fruitarian diet energetically is wonderful because the fruit is full of life energy, but we also must consider that in Winter it cools our body down further, and provides nutritionally barely any proteins or fats which are the building blocks of the human body. Without proteins or fats we can’t survive. 

As such I would only recommend the 80/10/10 diet and the fruitarian diet and even the raw vegan diet to people who are doing short term cleanses up to a few months, raw vegan to those who live on the equator as long as they supplement, or to highly spiritually evolved beings such as @pluto who can make proteins and fats manifest from the high amounts of light they have brought into this physical realm! I reccomend starting with organic food that is locally produced in your area at a farmers market if possible. Have a balanced diet that includes half a plate of your favorite Veges (not root veges) that can be raw I summer, but steamed in winter is best for the body to digest and assimilate the nutrients; with a quarter of your plate for grains such as oats, rice, or barley (not wheat) or root vegetables such as kumara, yams (avoid nightshades such as potato’s and tomato’s/have in moderation) and the last quarter of your plate is for your protein in which I reccomend free range organic eggs from happy hens, beans of all kinds, lentils etc. You can also have fruit that’s in season in moderation. This is the diet that Chinese medicine and Ayurveda reccomends and of which has stood the test of time for over 5000 years :) This is because it’s not really a diet, but more of an outline for you to fill in yourself based upon the season, and what foods you’re body enjoys the most.  This diet also is balanced energetically to allow the chi to flow freely, and to help calm your mind. It’s hard to meditate when your body is undernourished from the 80/10/10 diet after a few months as I’ve experienced. By all means add lots of herbs and spices and create all of your most cherished dishes following this ratio but don’t be too strict. You may think this advice is backwards from what all the “high vibe” people say about fruit; but look at them after ten years: they are frail, and weak; their bodies just can’t produce the nutrients it needs to survive. That’s why I reccomend this. I changed my diet a week ago after I noticed how my teeth were yellowing showing me that my body was sucking out the nutrients in my bones to give me enough fat and protein to function. After making these exciting changes, and experimenting with different foods you love, and maybe getting some cookbooks by people such as vessant lad and Bob Flaws; you then may want to start fasting to flush out the decades of heavy metals, plastics, and other inorganic molecules that have gathered in your body from a bad diet; and which create energy blockages in your body, and make your organs work less efficiently such as how bits of meat are found in the crevices of the intestines, or toxins in the liver that make bile secretion require more energy. Once you start doing short fasts/herbal cleanses to detox the organs your body will require the expenditure less energy to get the same amount of nutrients and will absorb more nutrients from the same amount of food; this means you will notice that you have less of an appetite and eat less.

Also remember this:

Focus on love, and your diet will naturally change over time. We all want this feeling of love, and changing your diet will not bring it to you any easier, in fact the focus on your diet could have been used instead to focus with more of your whole unlimited being on love. This is all that really matters, the relationship between you and God/love/heart. All else is secondary and will work out effortlessly once you surrender into this moment, knowing that you are perfect in every way, and don’t need to do anything to be more perfect :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Feel Good Go for it, it’s best to directly experience these things and see if it works for your body. As long as you have nuts and seeds with it, then you will get all the protein and fat you need like you said man. The only caveat with this diet is that nuts in Chinese medicine are a very heavy, and warming food for the body and it’s organs; whereas fruit is very cooling and light. These two extremes do create a balance, but the body would rather consume foods that are near perfectly balanced such as rice and vegetables than extremes. But a few nuts and seeds here and there with lots of greens, and you could have a great combination. 

Firstly think of the reason why you want to have a water melon fast. What is the end goal? It won’t bring you more happiness as much as shining and expressing love radiantly from your heart in every moment. So make sure you have your priorities straight, and are doing this all out of love, and not so that you can live longer, or hope it’ll brin spiritual experiences :) If this is your first fast then start with 2-3 days on watermelon or one day on water, then you can double it a week after. It’s best to go about detoxing the body in the gentlest way possible to avoid any backlashes, and to make long term plans to for example have a monthly long fast for up to a week, which keeps it fresh and exciting rather than trying to do it all at once. That’s the way of the master!

I think what you are doing is awesome, and best of luck in reaching great levels of physical health.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

2 hours ago, PartumCreed said:

When I don't eat meat often enough my body becomes weak & unstable so I don't think Vegetarianism is for everyone, @RabbitHole. Not to mention that it is far more expensive, though this may vary from country to country, depending on the economy & amount of production.

That's because you did no research and didn't get all neded nutrients. Everyone can strive on this diet, It's just that in beggining you have to do a lot of research about how nutrition works. Also switching to vegan diet, actually, to any diet, must happen gradually, slowly implement new products and remove old ones. I did transition overnight, meaning I lost a lot of weight, was tired as fuck and had no idea what to eat. Now I am in best mental and psychical state I've ever been.

I've lived in 5 different countries, with different prices starting from poor eastern europe village to Iceland's capital, It will always be cheaper to be vegan. I am spending way less, eating way healthier and feeling way better. What would be those expensive vegan products? I eat grains, vegatables, legumes and fruits (that are in season), have no idea what's cheaper than all those.

18 hours ago, Feel Good said:

Thanks for this. But how do you explain raw vegans who are very strong and healthy? I can show you some footage of people like Doug Graham and Lou corona (both raw vegans) ~ then we can have a discussion. 

It's possible, but It's pretty hard to consume enough protein on strict raw diet, aswell enough calories are struggle. As I am very tall equipped with fast metabolism doing endurance training, I have to consume around 100g of protein per day and 3500-5000 calories. I could not do It on raw diet following 80/10/10 rule. 

@Feel Good You are already perfect, whole, and complete. You don’t need to do anything in this physical world to realize that other than to become one with your state of awareness and love in your heart. Those thinking you need to use something outside of yourself such as psychedelics, or using crystals or reiki are giving you incomplete information because the hearts love is the only thing that can take you all the way. Famous spiritual teachers have said this such as Ramana Maharshi, Jesus, Matt Kahn; of the importance of the heart. New age information usually deals with the third eye instead of the heart and thus can not lead to genuine spiritual enlightenment.

This topic is dear to me because I thought fasting on water for a few weeks would do the same, but I learnt that all that counts is what you are focusing on; is it love or is it fear?

Namaste.

Glad I could help you @Feel Good

I was talking to Lincoln Gergar yesterday who is a health consultant with a very wholistic and spiritual perspective. He highlighted the importance of choosing foods that digest well in our specific bodies and that knowing our blood type/group can be a great guideline for this. Second to that is combing the right foods together, for example, not having grains with meat; as they require different digestive enzymes in the stomach. 

So look into that! Find your blood type and try the foods it recommends one by one and see how they digest. Give them a rating. Through direct experience you'll know what is best.

Of course blood type isn't the only factor, others include your genetics and ancestral lineage, however the blood type is a great place to start. Hope this helps too.