Laymen

sameness and difference: spirituality and mental laziness. What is the difference?

6 posts in this topic

Leo's last week video is deep yet not answering any deep existential truths. Everything is distinct and unique. Can I take it as: A very conscious enlightened master might not be as intelligent as someone like Albert Einstein. I find it difficult to fathom because a very conscious person must be capable of critical thinking and learning things that follow certain logics like advanced maths and science. I've watched Sadhguru talk about time. He appears to only have basic knowledge which is what almost everyone knows, not any advanced insights. I'm not offending anyone but is it because Leo's videos are easy to understand that you guys love to watch? If he tells you to get into the mathematics of quantum physics to fully understand it, how many would do? I really feel like spirituality is for people who are mentally lazy and want to boil down some advanced stuff ( like quantum physics, relativity, chaos theory) into simple words and terms. I'm afraid we cannot do that. If that's true Einstein wouldn't have had to spend his whole life learning all the mathematics to understand these things. Can anyone tell me the difference between spirituality and mental laziness? I've contemplated it for months and honestly I cannot find any difference. Osho spent his whole life just meditating, not studying anything academic. He read 150k books but as far as I know ( it could just be my projection) he did not know anything remarkable about advanced physics or maths, just basic stuff) and then he made big assumptions out of it. I've followed Tolle and others guru. They appear to be the same. Maybe there are things I'm not aware of. That's why I'm asking you guys.

@Laymen You misunderstood the video. Watch it again and contemplate it very carefully.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Many people when they talk about Spirituality and Quantum Physics...etc they only repeat what they heard to add more credibility to theirs Woo Woo stuff i saw a ton of people like that on Youtube

In my opinion Leo is not the case, what he do is the opposite of mental laziness  (it's clear he try to understand things that most of people never heard about, i see him as a philosopher) even i don't agree 100% with him

Knowing physics and mathematic doesn't mean you are wise and you figure out life

U can be a scientist, very rational and you could not find happiness or have bad habits or still a prisonier of your own mind

U can be interested in knowledge (not as a scientist but not an ignorant) and have a  "Peaceful life"

Sadhguru, Tolle...etc won't be able to answer your existential questions, they figure out some way to be more peaceful and to let go in life, you can learn from them but don't expect too much, they can be wrong 

I find it difficult to fathom because a very conscious person must be capable of critical thinking and learning things that follow certain logics like advanced maths and science. 

The problem in your thinking starts right there.