Viking

cant approach

8 posts in this topic

Whenever I think about opening a girl my body just says "nope". I dont even feel fear or anxiety, it's just my body saying nope and not approaching.
I think this is caused by my fear of girls doing something to me I wouldnt be able to handle, like starting to curse me or starting to yell at me.
A few days ago I matched with a girl on tinder and she cursed my mom and said I was ugly, I felt a little like crying. im afraid that if a girl did something to me like that in person i would actually start to cry and that would be horrible.
I think it's because of past traumas, I remember a few incidents in middle school when girls said to my face that I was ugly and I especially remember an incident when an older woman out of nowhere starting yelling at me because she thought I did something I didnt do and I ran home crying (I was about 8).
How do I deal with that?

Awful of the girl to say that regardless of whether or not she meant it. Did you say something that made her upset(very often because of a misunderstanding). Either way great that you didn’t have to hang out with her^_^

Most girls honestly try to be nice, as long as you are respectful. Surely some are twisted, but you can usually notice this early. 

If you are unsuccessful you get the “ I have a bf” or something similar, this is them trying to be nice assuming they don’t actually have a bf that isxD 95% of girls are not going to insult you for trying.

@Viking Make friends with a friend who knows how to approach and ask him to guide you and push you a bit. You can find such people on online pickup forums.

Approaching is one of those things which feels very difficult at first, but is actually a lot easier than your mind makes it out to be.

It's hard to learn to approach solo. It helps a lot to a few seasoned wing-men.

You also need to find the right locations to do your approaching (mall, nightclub, cafe, etc). Some locations are much better than others.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@see_on_see thanks a lot, man. that really helped and cleared things up. but how do I find places where I can just see people and say "hi" to them? I suppose I should be walking because it's weird to be in one place and say hi to whoever comes by. my area is not too populated and most people are old. Do I use google maps or something?

28 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Damn, long ass post again, I love talking about this xD 

and i enjoy reading it, thanks :D 

@Viking I am in the same spot as you, but two days ago I managed to talk to a girl.When  I said that she is beatiful, she answered with a smile and then I instantly asked if I could have her number and she stopped smiling and said no, XD. I don't if that was because I asked too fast for her number or because I was too insecure. I guess it was because I wasn't confident enough though. But I didn't manage to do that completely alone, I was with a friend who pushed me to do it and I drank like a sip of beer before so I was a bit more relaxed. Don't want to relay on the alcohol though, so next time I'm going to do it sober.