Cortex

If I Don't Make It I Will Become A Buddhist Monk

8 posts in this topic

I have decided that my plan B if my big dreams and visions about my personal success don't work out will be to become a Buddhist Monk because I will not physically kill myself even though that may happen if I don't make it :D but becoming a Buddhist Monk to me there is something so f*cking deep about it that this in reality is the ultimate egoist act to understand reality and everything around me 

Why not make it plan A?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Good, my truth are my fairy tales, even Ego is a lie but I've already talk about it in my "to be alive is to be selfish" post, so like I said I will either achieve my beautiful dreams which are my most important thing in the universe, or if it somehow doesn't happen then I will either physicaly end my live (which probably I will not choose to do because I don't like physical pain) or become a monk because I also am a big philosopher and like to meditate and this will also be like death in a sense if I become enlightened 

Only do that if that's your authentic Life Calling.  You're not gonna run away from responsibilities.  There's no primrose path in life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Cortex Being able to live in this modern society while maintaining unconditional love will evolve you immeasurably faster than being a Buddhist monk; for you will see clearly, through your resistance to this world, the resistance in yourself that is holding you back from pure unconditional love. That is a greater teacher than a sitting down and meditating for a year if you, through out all of this, can remain heart-centered. 

I’ve found in my experience that the people and situations I resisted the most gave me the greatest opportunities to grow and surrender into love. This direct experience of facing my own judgements towards others, and beleifs in separation allowed me to embody more love than ever before  :) So meditate all day long, while walking around on this Earth by gently focusing on your heart and watch your reality change. It is that simple.

Many blessings. Lots of love and best wishes on your journey.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Monk Shmonk

the fantasy will not match the reality and you will be disappointed and catch the next bus into the city, shag the local woman, get drunk every night and start fights in the pool hall. Now THAT is a perfect Plan B!

BUT if you do wanna go monk it up there are many many great places to walk the walk in Asia and they will welcome you with open arms. I stayed in a temple on the border of Laos and Thailand may years ago. Slept in a cave and ate frog salad that the wonderful locals brought for us! Good times :)

lol you think being a monk is easier than achieving success?