Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocHoliday

Enlightenment Has Made My Speech Slurry

9 posts in this topic

Please note that I don't want to whine or complain about anything in this thread, it's just an observation that I've made.

So, as time went by and by I've noticed that my speech got progressively more slurry and inarticulated when I'm talking to other people especially when it's people or conversations in general that are extremely superficial, shallow and unimportant. Small talk is a big one of course. The redundancy of it is seriously overwhelming from time to time but sometimes you just gotta do it "to stay in the game" with people so that they don't think that you're some super weird or creepy guy who never says anything or who can't communicate properly.

Weirdly enough, even when I meet people that are genuinely refreshing and interesting to a certain degree I still tendencially slur my speech a bit because it became such a habit by now. Really, no matter what the conversation might be about, in the back of my head I'm always thinking along the lines of "Why the fuck am I even talking to you, it's so meaningless...". Words have become absolutely meaningless, which is why I tend to enjoy people much more who either don't have the immediate urge to talk all the time or kinda necessitate others/oneself to keep on talking to make themselves feel more comfortable in return (you can really feel that that's what they're going for once there's even a bit of silence or the absence of conversation).

In terms of extroversion and introversion I guess that I'm really quite similar to Leo (and many others on here as well presumably) in the sense that I can be really quite extroverted (or at least come across as such) when I'm in one-on-one situations with other people that are genuinely interesting, but as soon as the conversation tilts over too much in the direction of redundancy and unnecessary chit-chat, I'm done internally; it's unbelievably draining and tiring. EDIT: not to forget excessive complexity. I like it when things are simple and they can be kept that way (simply because they are fundamentally and do not need to be overcomplicated inherently). But when things get too complicated and are actually not even that necessary it also wears me out a lot internally.

Another thing that I've noticed is that people who seem to have the urge to talk all the time or to have a conversation going on at all costs constantly are generally less capable to embrace silence (obviously) but also they are not as intuitive by a long shot or not as capable to communicate with pure emotion and empathy if you know what I mean by that. Their thinking and behaviour seems to be very left brain-based, so consequnetly they have a hard time BEING, which makes sense of course.

So, I kinda just wanted to share this with you, maybe you've had similar experiences or you're perhaps going through the same thing, so feel free to share your thoughts and stories, I'm very interested in reading them. 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday If you “get your vibration high enough”, as @AleksM often refers to, You, Infinite You, God...will straight up talk to you, through a person, bypassing the “person” momentarily (which of course was never just a “person”).  It seems this hinges on comfortability and acceptance of the magnitude of the actuality of “the situation”.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Yeah I definitely know what you mean and I’m currently working on implementing this a lot more into my life. When it works it’s really amazing.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Our friend Nahm has a point. Seeing yourself in others makes for a quite different experience. You are aware enough to see that what you hear is just small-talk but it is always good to approach "others" as small kids (not in a egoistic - "you are worse" - way). You know that they don't know any better and just don't see the bigger picture. You gently pat them on the head and enjoy the experience of witnessing you all around.  Nice topic!

"in the back of my head I'm always thinking along the lines of "Why the fuck am I even talking to you, it's so meaningless" ect...

The Enlightened do not experience this, you are confusing Enlightenment with a simple Awakening. There many awakenings, Enlightenment will completely stand out when it occurs, there will be no thinking, there will be "just being", pure presence, pure perfection, completeness.

Speech will not be slurred, your speech will be as sharp and pure as if you have the intelligence of all humanity combined.

Not sure what Enlightenment people on this forum seem to experience but its completely different to what i have experienced.

This is why i keep saying i believe there is a big misunderstanding.  You cannot experience complications or mental sensations in the Enlightened state.

Nothing can phase you when you wake up and embody the true nature of your existence.

The only thing that comes to mind is the body is premature for the energy, so maybe try to aim for perfect physical health so you can sustain divine energy better?

Waking up to it is one thing, i guess you could call that Awakening but embodying it is where Enlightenment becomes.

I understand how a simple awakening can feel like you have become Completely Enlightened but this is only because everything changes and its a whole new level for you and your state of being but its only the beginning.

Nothing is more obvious when you embody the Enlightened State, Awakenings feel like specs of dust.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto I kinda already knew it would lead to complications using the word "enlightenment":S I certainly don't claim to be fully enlightened or anything like that and I'm definitely still embodying various insights and smaller awakenings that I've had and that I still have along the way, for sure.

But to clarify that statement (which I know should have already been explained further or formulated in another way to make it come across differently), I didn't intend it to have a condescending or degrading connotation to it, it's much more on an existential level because everything is ultimately just so meaningless as some of us have found out:) So it's more like "why are we even talking so much when we could much rather just BE and still succesfully communicate with much less words and slower and less frantic speech". But I gotta admit, when I wrote the original post I was definitely in a slighly agitated and ranty mood. Strangely though, having written it, seeing it now and re-reading it already makes me reflect on it quite a lot and I'm starting to address it more directly whenever I speak now or have spoken respectively. 

@DocHoliday it is healthier if you face enlightenment as a deep emotional/existential healing.

if you're suffering because you can't enjoy simple conversations or because of the lack of fundamental meaning to your life, then you should investigate it more deeply.

how can you learn how to appreciate your life even if it doesn't have a prior meaning?

keep in mind that meaningless doesn't imply worthless. meaningless just means spontaneous... or even the most valuable possible. contemplate it.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Thanks for the reply:) I'm not really suffering while having conversations, that'd be pretty extreme and my neuroticism frankly isn't that high (anymore) luckily. It's just that I'm losing interest in sustaining conversations once they get too superficial and irrelevant and then it becomes a bit challneging to keep them going artificially, especially when you're kinda forced to. 

@DocHoliday Understood, we are all learning/remembering ourselves or we wouldn't be here to begin with and it does become challenging to always remain in the more Enlightened Awareness but there is also a state of being that when you embody it, you become complete in every way shape or form. Some others disagree with me on this but from my own experience i have experienced perfection and all knowing/all understanding/all seeing when being and becoming merge as one, when you completely, absolutely surrender to the divine way, you embody the divine nature.

Meaningless is understood but it in that state you cannot be phased or directed "mentally" whatsoever as you are simply "being itself" so it will not bother you.

All the best brother :)

Infinite Love

B R E A T H E