lhamilt18

Knowing Metaphysical Truths is Irrelevant/Tangential to the Path to Enlightenment.

26 posts in this topic

The application of thought for practical matters is a must. But to solve psychological problems thought-time has no place whatsoever. 

That’s the good news.

The question is do we see that psychological freedom is always now, and not found in time? 

Edited by Faceless

27 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The question is do we see that psychological freedom is always now, and not found in time? 

This is sooo important for "the person" to understand with direct experience. Freedom, joy, peace etc. is NOT to be found in "the timeline". I catch my person doing this everyday and remind my self over and over. . . it's not to be found in a timeline - past and future are concepts. Freedom is whatever is happening now. 

12 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is sooo important for "the person" to understand with direct experience. Freedom, joy, peace etc. is NOT to be found in "the timeline". I catch my person doing this everyday and remind my self over and over. . . it's not to be found in a timeline - past and future are concepts. Freedom is whatever is happening now. 

Isn’t it crazy how we try an apply “time to attain” freedom ?

Edited by Faceless

3 hours ago, lhamilt18 said:

@Joseph Maynor right, except I'm not talking about conceptual understanding. i'm simply talking about the desire to "know" answers to such questions as "what is the origin of the universe" or "what is reality composed of"

Point noted.  'Need to Know BE-ing' is irrelevant to BE-ing.  Whatever use Tier-One Metaphysics otherwise has, it don't got squat to do with BE-ing the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@lhamilt18 Some people are more heart-centered, some people are more intellectual. I am pretty intellectual so I love asking questions and exploring how the mind works. I can see that some people will not like that approach to spirituality.

I like to mix it up. Leo for the intellectual approach. Lisa Cairns for the heart approach. Adyashanti for a hybrid / humor approach. Adriene Mishler for a mind-body approach. The four of you keep me on my toes!

On 8/9/2018 at 0:18 AM, lhamilt18 said:

@Leo Gura well I guess your point about the answers to these questions not being answerable verbally or intellectually most applies to the point I was trying to make. 

To me at least it seems that the ultimate answer is no answer, and that in the end there are no questions to be asked, since language always obscures and makes the complete incomplete; and that really there is only Being to be experienced, and nothing can be said about it 

In the end yes.

But you're misunderstanding the PROCESS of deconstruction. The fun thing is that these questions already have an answer in the mind of all people. We're full of assumptions already. So these questions are absolutely necessary (if done with brutal honesty).

Edit: my mistake, maybe you did not misunderstand. But like leo said you could certainly miss very relevant information.

Edited by Visionary