Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dvdas

What meditation technique are you using ?

10 posts in this topic

can you tell me which technique are you using? which one has had the most powerful effects on you ? I've been meditating for a year now with the mindfulness technique of Leo but it seems like its not for me, so I'm exploring a little bit.. do you have any suggestions ?

Edited by dvdas

Hello my friend. Every meditation technique is different and suited for different people. What problem is arising during your meditation?

@nethernalbeing In the mindfulness technique which I've been using I couldn't keep the cycle. there would be always a step that I wouldn't do mindfully (notice, label, savor) some periods I give my best to do mindfully cycles and I'm getting some results but then I'm losing it again and it is really hard to get it right again, lot of emotional labor, time, its like I'm fighting to get it right, after a year I've seen few results but not that much, I don't think its worth to keep up with this technique, sometimes I think that I wasted the whole year basically :P and now I'm looking for something new to try

Edited by dvdas

I personally use Vipassana technique. Basically do nothing and watch your thoughts for the whole meditation. Acknowledge and let go of every thought. Don't fall into fantasies but don't try to stop the thinking. Thoughts being like clouds in the sky. Observe them and let them go. That's what I use and it doesn't bring any feelings of doing something wrong. In time thoughts are less frequent and meditating becomes easier.

Edited by nethernalbeing

Sounds similar to me. I also used to think that my meditation practice really wasn't working out for me as much as I'd hoped it would. 
But in hindsight, I was just so addicted to a bunch of other crap that I could never really notice all the transformations I was experiencing. 

You haven't wasted a whole year. There are probably other factors in your life that keep distracting your awareness from all the fruits of your meditation practice. 

Whenever I meditate now I consistently cycle through a bunch of different sensations which give me a real sense that my practice is working. 
But in the past I kept failing to notice this before because my life was numbed by a tonne of addictions and bad habits. 
That may or may not be the case for you. 

Keep meditating buddy. As your lifestyle cleans up and you get better at your meditation practice you're gonna start to experience a lot of 'weird' sensations, and you're gonna feel a lot more blissful. 

@dvdas look for someone else's teachings. Find an enlightened teacher you resonate with and his teachings  Try echart tolle, mooji, rupert spira, sadhguru. Each of them offer different methods and techniques. Following Leo is a bit dangerous because he's not enlightened and he changes his mind as he grows.

I personally think that meditation techneque you use is poor. There're more effective ones. 

@dvdas Try 24/7 mindfully breathing from your stomach, the thoughts will subside. Also, maintain vigilance on meaninglessness. Notice when thought arises, it brings meaning with it, don’t fall for it, just return your focus to breathing from your stomach. Keep all the muscles around your stomach, and all the way around your lower back, relaxed. Notice them relax deeper and deeper. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE