Viking

Why would I need to grow myself if I could achieve happiness with techniques?

25 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Are you speaking from your own personal experience right now? 

How did you manage it? :)

43 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

What did you do to achieve this state of happiness? I'd love to know. You can pm me if you want. I am open for instruction.:x

sorry, I am just some regular joker on the internet. did not mean to allude otherwise

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

That's wrong, not everyone have relationships.

perhaps there is a small percent of the population who is living in the woods alone or something... for the rest it's unavoidable. even if you withdraw from society, you still have to deal with all the same projections you would in a relationship.

if you're afraid of others when you're with them, you'll have to face your fear when you're alone or suppress it

for example if you find yourself angry with people, theres no way you can escape that anger by avoiding relationships. If you try to avoid relationships to avoid that anger, then soon an inatimate object or random life circumstance will fulfill the role of another person and make you upset just like a person would, until you deal with that aspect of yourself. 

that's why I'm saying that even if you're alone you'll have to deal with relationships. without trying to sound overly poetic: at the very least you'll have to master your relationship to yourself which are the same dynamics of relationships with others. when you realise that every single one of your relationships and how you experience others are just a reflection of yourself and how you CHOOSE to experience them, then you'll see why there's little difference to being alone or not. 

You’re not gonna achieve sustainable fulfillment with techniques alone.  That’s why we need Enlightenment.  Otherwise there would be no need for Enlightenment, right.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 hours ago, Viking said:

Do you mean that I need the "other stuff", in order to sustain myself getting to the happiness place?

What I mean is why are you here on the forum and not in the cave? What's keeping you? The decision to leave everything is not a simple one. We are too atached.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

20 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

I advise also that when you meditate on the presence, have the presence be VERY vague and non-detailed. It will be easier to bypass egoic roadblocks, in my personal experience. Very important. 

what do you mean by vague presence? like not to concentrate on the breath but just be aware?

On 8/4/2018 at 4:59 AM, Viking said:

, my question is why would I need all of the other stuff?

You don’t. But it can be awesome. You’re limited by how you’re looking at things, due to your frame of reference. Get some better things into your frame of reference. Or live in a cave. It doesn’t matter. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE