nbolt

Actualized.org Community Chat

33 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Thanks to @jenna's idea, we've started an online community for anyone interested in chatting with other self-actualizers in real-time. We can use this to get to know people better, keep each other accountable, and hold more active discussions. Let's use this forum topic for feedback and suggestions, and @Leo Gura if you want to take over the reigns at some point, just let me know.

[link removed by moderator]

Great idea! Is it like Skype type of chat? I have joined.

2 hours ago, Algi said:

Great idea! Is it like Skype type of chat? I have joined.

Yeah, like skype, it's a chat room basically. But unlike skype, we can have multiple customized channels (as opposed to all just being thrown in the same room) and various other features- it's just a nicer app to use in general.

13 people registered so far! Let's keep it up.

Slack is cool for programming related communities. Let's see where this goes.

4 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

Slack is cool for programming related communities. Let's see where this goes.

Welcome Psycho!

Now we have active people from norway, poland, canada, thailand, india, and america (off the top of my head). Let's expand this further people!

Edited by Neill Bolton

We just had a forum member from Italy join, and now we have an #italy channel for local meetups! If anyone else wants to add language or location specific channels just head on over and let us know.

It's a really cool site! I really love to speak with all you guys live :)

Yeah I want to create some kind of Italian community of Actualized people! so yeah if you are interested join! :D

We've doubled our registered users :D. I think we'll be able to hold scheduled discussion topics soon.

Anyone have suggestions or want to brainstorm?

@Neill Bolton We should discuss developing inner growth and making real changes in ourselves. I just watched Leo's video about fake growth vs real growth. I realized a lot of the things I have done in the past were all just me chasing after the external things and focusing on fake growth. I'm sure a lot of us have fallen for the trap of fake growth at some point. Real growth comes from within.

Powered By Love

Just now, ZenBlue said:

@Neill Bolton We should discuss developing inner growth and making real changes in ourselves.

I think this could be a great topic, very personal so everyone should have experiences to share.

All this stuff is just a distraction from my self development.  Even these forums are a distration.  I feel that people spend to much time on these forums and get too involved. For example me now getting involved with this thread. -.-

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

@Evilwave Heddy Amen. People love to distract themselves and wasting time, and they come up with more and more stuff. The ego loves chit chat and monkey chatter more than doing the actual self-actualization work ;) I am glad you are one who is aware....also I'm glad you enjoyed my nosebleed comment. I like you my Irish friend, we should have drink together...oh wait, that would be more distraction too.

2 hours ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

All this stuff is just a distraction from my self development.  Even these forums are a distration.  I feel that people spend to much time on these forums and get too involved. For example me now getting involved with this thread. -.-

1 hour ago, Lucifer said:

Amen. People love to distract themselves and wasting time, and they come up with more and more stuff. The ego loves chit chat and monkey chatter more than doing the actual self-actualization work ;)

Everything in moderation. This forum isn't a distraction in of itself, learning from others is an important step in our journey through life. It's a tool just like anything else. What's important is having the wisdom to use these tools to your advantage and not the other way around. Obviously if you're just spending all day chit-chatting and not making any actual progress, that's a problem.

Edited by Neill Bolton

39 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

@Evilwave Heddy Amen. People love to distract themselves and wasting time, and they come up with more and more stuff. The ego loves chit chat and monkey chatter more than doing the actual self-actualization work ;) I am glad you are one who is aware....also I'm glad you enjoyed my nosebleed comment. I like you my Irish friend, we should have drink together...oh wait, that would be more distraction too.

Plenty of drinks..we can be self aware while we drink haha.

On 3/26/2016 at 0:05 PM, Neill Bolton said:

Everything in moderation. This forum isn't a distraction in of itself, learning from others is an important step in our journey through life. It's a tool just like anything else. What's important is having the wisdom to use these tools to your advantage and not the other way around. Obviously if you're just spending all day chit-chatting and not making any actual progress, that's a problem.

I rather chit-chat/monkey-chatter with people who want to improve themselves in actualized.org, than people who gossip in somewhere else.  :ph34r:

Shree Ganeshayana Maha . . 

(I'm not Hindu tho.)

Omm...  Inner PeaS  Omm...    ( ᵕ . ᵕ )   ?