Viking

Feeling of impending doom

7 posts in this topic

I just finished my exams and I have 2 months of freedom, and for some reason I feel anxiety, like something bad is going to happen.

I have a few plans for the summer:

• 10 day vipassana retreat
  • 10 day ashram volunteer work

besides that I have free time, and in that time I want to:

• Finish my life purpose course
  • pick up women at evenings in live
  • get dates on tinder
  • read books

I feel anxious and I dont know about what. I do watch some tv shows as a way of relaxation, it's extremely comforting and it's hard not to give in. Maybe it's guilt? Also I dont have a schedule, I cant fall asleep until 3-5am, I went to sleep at 6am today and woke up at 10am, hoping to change my rhythm.

Im also not sure whether I really want to use tinder and pick up women (because they're probably going to be low quality, because ill go to clubs and such, no other choices). I do have a lot of sexual dreams though and desire for a women though, so I guess I have to.

can I do something to alleviate the anxiety? im not even sure if I have it, it's on and off.

edit: *** posted it mistakingly in the spiritual sub, not sure if it's the right place.

Edited by Viking

51 minutes ago, Viking said:

I just finished my exams and I have 2 months of freedom, and for some reason I feel anxiety, like something bad is going to happen.

I have a few plans for the summer:

• 10 day vipassana retreat
  • 10 day ashram volunteer work

besides that I have free time, and in that time I want to:

• Finish my life purpose course
  • pick up women at evenings in live
  • get dates on tinder
  • read books

I feel anxious and I dont know about what. I do watch some tv shows as a way of relaxation, it's extremely comforting and it's hard not to give in. Maybe it's guilt? Also I dont have a schedule, I cant fall asleep until 3-5am, I went to sleep at 6am today and woke up at 10am, hoping to change my rhythm.

Im also not sure whether I really want to use tinder and pick up women (because they're probably going to be low quality, because ill go to clubs and such, no other choices). I do have a lot of sexual dreams though and desire for a women though, so I guess I have to.

can I do something to alleviate the anxiety? im not even sure if I have it, it's on and off.

edit: *** posted it mistakingly in the spiritual sub, not sure if it's the right place.

This is part of why you have anxiety. You're trying to feel complete by "external objects"

26 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

This is part of why you have anxiety. You're trying to feel complete by "external objects"

no im not. im living life. ive never had sex or a girlfriend so I want to try it out. I know that it wont fulfill me, as you see im going to a vipassana retreat.

15 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Are the retreat and volunteering work something that you feel inspired to do, or something you've been told you should do? 

extremely inspired, excited very much, I came up with them.

16 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

at least watch high quality stuff that lifts you up

wasnt that implied if I said I felt good when watching it? it's pretty nice, yeah :) 

16 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

But truth is, there ARE other choices: daygame, for example. Soooo much better. Or social places that don't have loud music and stuff.

unfortunately the average age in my city is about 60, so there are no young girls in public places, only in clubs, which is very sad indeed, im trying my best, if there would be a better way I'd do it.

18 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

BTW, of course you gotta meet women if you feel the desire for women. Don't listen to the usual nonsense about "not needing" etc. 

it's not that I listen to people, it's that im not sure in my desires, they are on and off, very unreliable.

18 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Fix your sleep schedule. If you're like me, it can negatively affect your mood a lot more than you think. Whereas getting up in the morning will make you feel a lot better. It's not just psychological, your body needs that. 

thanks, im already trying to do that, I hope it will help, I also think that it's the cause somewhat.

Its okay to feel anxious if you are about to discover your life purpose and find a girlfriend. These are really challanging for all of us. First tries you are going to fail anyway, but you will learn valuable lessons from these, that will help you land your lifepurpose and girlfriend more accurately in a long run. This should be your focus because no one gets to the core without going through layers. You will get closer and closer as you go. What helps me is to ask : Are we there yet ? And dont let emotions or anything else to distract you from finishing your goals. There is atleast 5 different walls blocking us to finish our goals, but it doesnt matter what these “walls” are. Remember your goal and finish it. There is no way you can make walls dissapear before going through them. These walls are there and goals are very useful to get through them. Someone once said that if you want happiness then tie it around goal. 

Man fuck walls, finish your goal !! 

3 hours ago, Viking said:

unfortunately the average age in my city is about 60

@Viking Well there you go! There must be plenty of lonely 60 year old widows with lots of experiance. They love the young flesh. It makes them feel young again. You'd be doing them a great service. Think of it as volunteer work.:D

@Viking

Great plan!

Lots of great things will unfold!

(Get up at 7am tomorrow. You might be tired all day, but that’s good, you’ll fall asleep by 11) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE