Delmo

Acceptance of death

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering, how do "I" if possible get to fully acceptance of death. The getting old or die fast without pain I come to acceptance of that. But on the other hand the slow and painful death I resist very hard when I think about it. 

My whole life is based upon physical survival and avoidance of death which I found very limiting in many ways. What methods can I use to overcome this? Or is that the wrong mindset to have?

Edited by Delmo

I am 17 but i think about it a lot :) My grandma layed in bed for like 3 years then died .. but she was chill .. in the last few months she couldn't talk that much .. but we still had a great relationship.. i loved her :) .. also we ar ea big family so she had many visitors ... and she was in a big room with my mom and my uncle ...and she had a great life .. she raised 10 children ... and she was a christian .. so she was kinda chill .. and she always used to be messy and lazy and she liked laying in bed .. what i fear now is that my mom smokes .. and i don't want her to have some health problems bcs of that she was very cute lol so yeah .. in my oppinion death is chill :)))

2 hours ago, Delmo said:

I was wondering, how do "I" if possible get to fully acceptance of death. The getting old or die fast without pain I come to acceptance of that. But on the other hand the slow and painful death I resist very hard when I think about it. 

My whole life is based upon physical survival and avoidance of death which I found very limiting in many ways. What methods can I use to overcome this? Or is that the wrong mindset to have?

It all depends on your perspective. Death is scary, but it is also something we have NO control over. Focus on the things you can control, like living and what to do in your life. The whole world could explode at midnight tonight and we'd all be gone, hell, it could all go in 5 seconds, so what are you going to do to make the most of it?

What can you do in THIS moment, don't worry about the future ones, because they are unpredictable and you can only control the NOW. 

3 hours ago, zoey101 said:

What can you do in THIS moment, don't worry about the future ones, because they are unpredictable and you can only control the NOW. 

This moment is based upon the past and the future is based upon the now. So in the end i cant really controll anything (z.z)

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Delmo Anything inspected enough disappears, even death. 

I was thinking about that too, but as far as i know, it might take from a few weeks into decades of doing that untill I'd eventually overcome it. I guess i'd better start doing it now :|

5 minutes ago, Delmo said:

This moment is based upon the past and the future is based upon the now. So in the end i cant really controll anything (z.z)

This moment doesn't have to be based on the past.

@Faceless you would be much better at explaining this ^ than me. 

@Delmo Sel-Inquiry (Neti-Neti) will make you realize for yourself that death is an illusion of the survivalist mind. In order to survive, the survivalist mind created the illusion of death. 

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."