MM1988

Constantly Falling Back into Old Patterns - normal?

6 posts in this topic

Does anybody else have sometimes really good days, or maybe even a week of being really conscious during the day. And then you get triggered, or maybe even nothing special happens and you just fall back into old thinking patterns, then you get thoughts like you learned nothing and made no progress at all and become depressed.

Then you feel bad about feeling like that, you question the whole self actualization process and if all this spirituality stuff is just bullshit and delusions.

Can anybody relate to this?

Yes. It tends to happen on a bigger time scale. I would be more conscious for months but then I would regress back down. I am in the regression phase again and coming out of it.

No so much about the part of thinking that spirituality is just all bullshit and delusions. To accept that, is edging towards getting lulled back to sleep by mainstream society.

e5c0f9225985adf78a16c3ea7c762ce1.jpg

You are always being tested, prove yourself you will pass will flying colors. If it triggers you, you did not pass and it will keep showing up randomly until you do and when you do, you evolve :)

B R E A T H E

I think the most important thing to do to be able to get out of these holes as fast as possible, is to not judge yourself.

Do not think that you are being weak for falling back into old patterns.
Do not think that maybe spirituality just isn't for you.
Do not think that all the effort you have made is not worth it.

Instead, give yourself time. Be understanding. If it weren't hard for you, you would have already reached enlightenment/ full consciousness. The fact that it isn't easy just means that you aren't there yet and you still have to work on yourself. Just like all of us.

You have always found your way back to the path of spirituality, so just trust yourself, that you will do it again. :)

A TIP FOR PEOPLE ON THE ENLIGHTENMENT PATH -- FROM MY PERSPECTIVE AND EXPERIENCE

Your awareness will increase more and more the more Enlightened you become.  And with that increased awareness, you'll just watch everything happen and not get triggered by it.  You gotta transcend the Paradigm of Self.  It's not about you, it's just about what your experience is like right now.  If you're trying to force that experience to be one way rather than another, that's the kind of clinging that you need to become aware of.  Reality just moves without your input.  What you need to do is just let reality do what it wants to do in the moment.  Just try to be aware, which will eventually stick you smack dab into the present moment.  One of the great things about being Enlightened is you're stuck smack dab in the present moment.  And you're just surrendering to BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  Eventually you'll transcend the Paradigm of Self.  And when that happens, you'll just BE.  And BE-ing is not a doing, it's not an attaching, it's not a controlling, and it's not a conceptual-knowing.  It's just BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor