MrDmitriiV

Did I have an actual INSIGHT?

4 posts in this topic

I tried to do a Self-Inquiry the way described in the Neti-Neti book recommended by Leo on his book-list! 

After about 10 min into inquiring myself, I noticed that "Me" exists only when "vibrations" (everything from the "knowing" faced of reality, senses, thoughts, inner voice...) are present, as soon as these "vibrations" get weaker or almost disappear so does this "me". The "me" watching life unfold is actually life unfolding, or more accurately, the being "observing" these vibrations is the "vibrations" themselves! 

I also noticed that "me/the observer" pops in and out of existence is a very fast and almost unnoticeable manner.

So was this a proper insight derived from the "not-knowing"? Or still a form of a belief from the "knowing"?

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

It's a nice start, but not nearly deep enough. It's still mostly intellectual understanding and the ego is still in near total control of your consciousness.

Keep questioning deeper until you stop feeling like you're inside the body or the head. Until your heart starts to pound in terror at the prospect of death. And then keep questioning even deeper until you actually die.

In self-inquiry your job is nothing short of collapsing all of physical reality. Keep questioning until the floor beneath your feet disappears.

This is a level of questioning most people do not think is possible. It should get very intense. It requires enormous presence and focus. Focus like you intend to burn a hole through a steel plate with your mind.

But at the same time also be gentle. Don't strain yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.