Elektrisko

Is Eckhart Tolle Enlightened?

29 posts in this topic

All you have is first person perspective so you will never really know. 

@Nic Yes, well if you dive into the greatest mysteries of life you can`t expect it to be easy, right?

Sanskrit though, is not so hard as it looks. Reasonable fast you`ll get a feeling for it. Our languages are coming from it...

@Henri I have the feeling humans have a tendency to complicate things. 

"Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple."

Even though this quote could probably be contradicted by another quote of some sort, for my part and where I Am now, I don't feel like I need complicated stuff. It just fills my brain with more concepts. What I need more of is action! 

But I believe this whole forum could be reduced to a few sentences.

For the Sanskrit, a medium told me once that I was an indian in a past life a long time ago... I'm good at leaving the past where it is apparently because it really looks Chinese to me.  xD I'm happy for you that you found the time to understand it.

Take care

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

@Nic

On 3/23/2016 at 1:58 AM, Nic said:

Eckart had a lot of psychological pain, but haven't we all? A lot of people commit suicide... They don't get enlightened... What did Eckart to have this consciousness shift?

Nothing. He just got lucky. And no, we don't all have that much psychological pain.

@Markus

I know...:)

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

What Eckhart Tolle did: he was exposed to different cultures growing up. He didn't go to school during his youth. He read books about mysticism. He did study some psychology, philosophy during his time in college. He visited several spiritual groups. He did the ACIM.

That's what I heard. I hope this is correct. So the "he didn't do anything" is a myth if not even a lie.

@Toby

Yes he did some stuff, like letting go of the self as well , but he didn't do more than what others did... He wasn't training to be a Zen master. All I want to say is that you don't need all that suffering, sitting for 1000s of hours or studying ancient texts to get enlightened.

Enlightenment is a realization, it does not require knowledge, experience, study blah blah :D 

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

@Nic Before the aha experience it`s difficult, after it`s easy.

But you are right also mate :) Ultimate truth has never just one verbal explanation.

May be you were an indian-chinese?

Edited by Henri