Court Burkhart

Is Leo Enlightened Now?

16 posts in this topic

In your newest video (critique of rationalism) at 22:48, it sounds like you're saying you're enlightened now!

Somebody came up to me with a question. What do you think the question was? He asked me, “Are you enlightened?” What do you think my answer was? What does it matter! You want a better answer? My answer would be: “How would I know? How would you know? What does it matter?” You know something? If you want anything too badly, you’re in big trouble. You know something else? If I were enlightened and you listened to me because I was enlightened, then you’re in big trouble. Are you ready to be brainwashed by someone who’s enlightened? You can be brainwashed by anybody, you know. What does it matter whether someone’s enlightened or not? But see, we want to lean on someone, don’t we? We want to lean on anybody we think has arrived. We love to hear that people have arrived. It gives us hope, doesn’t it? What do you want to hope for? Isn’t that another form of desire?
You want to hope for something better than what you have right now, don’t you? Otherwise you wouldn’t be hoping. But then, you forget that you have it all right now anyway, and you don’t know it.  -- 
Anthony de Mello

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Yes, then what? does it matter? :) No, the same. You are ready to be brainwashed.

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

Hhahahaha when he becomes enlightened, this is what will happen:

So we've been waiting for his new video, highlight of the week of course, and what we will see is just a thumbnail without himself in it, just the background. The video will be named "Enlightenment", and he will appear and, for 1 hour, say:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy.... this isn't Leo. Thank you, from Actualized.org

And then we will never see from him again :(

- Enter your fear and you are free -

@99th_monkey In his video 'Spirituality vs Religion' Leo said that Jesus was an enlightened teacher whose teachings were made into a religion, something he never intended them to be. I used to be a Christian and I can see now how his teachings could have been misunderstood, misquoted, added on to. He was basically put to death for what Leo is doing here - telling us that we are enlightenment/ god/ etc, which was considered blasphemy by the OT dogmatic priests of Jesus' time. There is a video on YT about the missing years of Jesus (from 12 to 30 yo) where it suggests that he was staying in India during that time learning from the Buddhist teaching, and after his death his body was transported and buried back in India, with the tomb also bearing his name. This might explain the obvious similarities between the basic teachings of Buddha and Jesus, the former being the influencing factor on the latter. 

3 hours ago, 99th_monkey said:

Was Jesus enlightened?

Very Enlightened.

@99th_monkey

Random person A) Was jesus enlightened?

Random person B) Yes.

Random person A) Ok. I believe you. Problem solved. Thank you. Phew.

Random Person B) Next question....?

Random Person A) No thanks. Not for the moment. I need to go away and digest your answer....Oh by the way, thanks random person on the internet who might as well be sitting on a mental institution PC with nothing else to do with their afternoon.

Random Person A) Is Teal Swan Enlightened?

Random Person C) We cannot be sure. But I thought I saw a twinkle in her eye a video about a month ago. Let me find the link...

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@99th_monkey

Random person A) Was jesus enlightened?

Random person B) Yes.

Random person A) Ok. I believe you. Problem solved. Thank you. Phew.

Random Person B) Next question....?

Random Person A) No thanks. Not for the moment. I need to go away and digest your answer....Oh by the way, thanks random person on the internet who might as well be sitting on a mental institution PC with nothing else to do with their afternoon.

Random Person A) Is Teal Swan Enlightened?

Random Person C) We cannot be sure. But I thought I saw a twinkle in her eye a video about a month ago. Let me find the link...

i dont understand your intention here. 

On March 21, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Pinocchio said:

Rationalism is a minor island stop-over in ones psychological evolution. The vast majority of our delusions are not based in rationality at all.

The territory of rationalism is puny and insignificant compared to the territory beyond rationalism. It's really nothing.

Going beyond rationalism is only the beginning of advanced development.

Enlightenment is something else entirely.

Okay, I understand the concept of the video, but it sounded like he was saying he was enlightened in that particular part that I sited! He said he isn't yet though :)

And if Leo WAS enlightened, would you expect him to make a claim that he is enlightened?
I don't think Leo was intentionally saying "hey, look at me, I'm enlightened"... if we look at it from another point of view, would one deliberately manipulate their words, so that they COULDN'T even reference one's enlightenment? Surely that would be the same as what Leo stands accused of?
 Scrutiny is inevitable...

Also, when we say that map is not the territory, knowing this is entirely different from knowing the territory.