Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
littleBIG

A breakthrough, kind of

9 posts in this topic

I was laying there in my room thinking about this "direct experience" notion. I noticed everything I experience, including things i see. I had a realization that this experience is all there is. There's nothing "physical" out there because I don't experience them. And then I thought how it is weird that out of all the things I'm experiencing, I chose my body and said "this is me". I had no reason to do that!

My mind was blown at that moment. But as I thought more about it, I thought it kind of makes sense. I am the center of everything I see, so it's natural to identify with my body. So, how do you suggest I get further? Specifically about vision, isn't everything you see from a point of view and it comes from somewhere? How can you be everything if you belong to a specific location?

Edited by littleBIG

1 hour ago, littleBIG said:

There's nothing "physical" out there because I don't experience them

are you sure? i think i just cant know if theres something beyond my experience. doesnt necessarily mean theres nothing.

1 hour ago, littleBIG said:

isn't everything you see from a point of view and it comes from somewhere? How can you be everything if you belong to a specific location?

thats an idea, "location" is a concept

Who is doing the seeing? Question that awareness. When you close your eyes, you can't see shit right? So when you say "I am the center of everything I see" what do you actually mean?

There is more than seeing you know... Being completely aware without your body too (without eyes)?

You're not human, you're the universe

3 hours ago, littleBIG said:

How can you be everything if you belong to a specific location?

@littleBIG What if you were floating in space in the vastness of the universe? Would you have a specific location?

8 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Who is doing the seeing? Question that awareness. When you close your eyes, you can't see shit right? So when you say "I am the center of everything I see" what do you actually mean?

There is more than seeing you know... Being completely aware without your body too (without eyes)?

I mean when you see things, you see it from a specific location (i.e., on the bed by the corner of the room).

6 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@littleBIG What if you were floating in space in the vastness of the universe? Would you have a specific location?

I would say so. Say I'm looking down on earth, I'd be looking at it from a specific angle and location. 

13 hours ago, littleBIG said:

So, how do you suggest I get further? Specifically about vision, isn't everything you see from a point of view and it comes from somewhere? How can you be everything if you belong to a specific location?

If it's your body then the body can't be you can it? That is what you are saying right? That the body IS you? Then why are you calling it your body? That means that there is something or soneone that the body belongs to. So what is that something/someone?

I mean when you see things, you see it from a specific location (i.e., on the bed by the corner of the room).

But what about the actual seeing? You're seeing from a perspective of a human, but what about seeing as for what it is? Seeing without any eyes!

Or I should say, being aware of everything?

You're not human, you're the universe

13 hours ago, littleBIG said:

I was laying there in my room thinking about this "direct experience" notion. I noticed everything I experience, including things i see. I had a realization that this experience is all there is. There's nothing "physical" out there because I don't experience them. And then I thought how it is weird that out of all the things I'm experiencing, I chose my body and said "this is me". I had no reason to do that!

My mind was blown at that moment. But as I thought more about it, I thought it kind of makes sense. I am the center of everything I see, so it's natural to identify with my body. So, how do you suggest I get further? Specifically about vision, isn't everything you see from a point of view and it comes from somewhere? How can you be everything if you belong to a specific location?

I believe it is described as 'Atman is Brahman' in Hinduism. The person that is you is like the ocean contained in a drop, but when you realize that you are the ocean, then you stop identifying yourself with the drop. You see things from whatever point of view you represent, but that representation is interconnected with everything in such a way that you are all-there-is as it manifests through your specific location as you may call it. But if the boundaries between what you are and what you are not, as you may perceive them to be, are non-existent, and every location is in each location, then it is really 'you' that is perceiving?

I would say so. Say I'm looking down on earth, I'd be looking at it from a specific angle and location. 

@littleBIG Have you ever seen Hubble Extreme Deep Field? Where would your angle and location be now?