Why?

What Is The Point Of Anything?

17 posts in this topic

I am depressed. Everytime I do something, I feel it has no meaning. What is the point of learning/developing? We are all going to die some time. What is the point of developing society? I mean...one day society come to an end. I don't know. I am lost. Please help!

@Why? It's funny that you call yourself "Why?" and you don't apply it to everything :P

So let's begin. Why do you need something to have meaning? 

There is no point. Objectively, at least. Life is what you make of it. Just have fun and express your creativity. Maybe invest in Leo's life purpose course.

The point of your life is to pick the path that gives you the most joy. If you are in a bad situation right now it's simply because you did not walk the joyful path in the past. Now you can easily correct this but it takes time, when you reach a certain threshold of joy in your life you won't think twice about 'meaning' in your life. Life just is, and it is amazing. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

To create.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Stop reading and start doing the work. That's a good start.

The point of anything is nothing. You are right.

We are going to die and in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter what we do.

On the other hand that also means that you are free to do whatever. Make the best of what you have and try to have fun even though life is pointless.

Don't stress about the future come back to the present and enjoy what we have here right now. It is actually very special. It will be gone for you in less than 100 hundred years. In a few million years it might be completely gone and earth will be uninhabatable again. Just like the millions and millions of other planets around us. Failed experiments at creating something special. They are just rocks and maybe a some water.

I think the key to fixing "feeling depressed" is changing your perspective and the way you approach life. Right here right now.

9 hours ago, Why? said:

I am depressed. Everytime I do something, I feel it has no meaning. What is the point of learning/developing? We are all going to die some time. What is the point of developing society? I mean...one day society come to an end. I don't know. I am lost. Please help!

I know that feeling, i think everyone has experienced it or will experience it at some point in his life, it is human to feel it.

You think you lack meaning and that hurts.

Change perspective: meaning isn´t realy lacking at all, since you can create meaning, you just need to find the place from where you can do so.

The thought of "lack of meaning" is a hurting illusion and stopping you from getting to that place, so discard the thought.

:)

It`s a needed step on the road of development to come to those conclusions. 

It`s a big step to see life as it is on each level, it always hurts.

Questions will come if you just stick with it, because you`ll transcend it, it`s the law of life.

If you want to speed it up you`ll need to do your spiritual work!

See it as insights you have obtained, even if they are painful. 9_9

If that is the way you feel right now, then that is the way you feel. Be with it. Accept it. Accept the sadness, accept the desire for answers. See it as just what it is - a simple desire for something that, at the moment, you can't get. Simply be until you die. You can be certain that, as all things change, so will your feeling you have right now. I don't intend that to sound defeatist - it is quite the opposite. It is meant to say that what is simply is. You can take time out and do nothing no harm will come to you. There is no hurry. There is no need to find those answers you look for. Just accept that, for now, you are in a state of sadness. You don't need to do anything. I know how difficult that is by the way (really, I do know), but I also know how liberating and how much of a relief it can be to just accept it for a moment. You don't need to commit to accepting it forever - you're not rolling over and giving in, you're just accepting that, right now, you're lost. Wait a while and it will change. 

Edited by Kath
typos

I have also been depressed for several years and felt that there was no meaning to anything in life. I really believe the key is to create your own meaning. For me it has helped a lot when I found a training community, where I could meet the same people several times a week and train together. Over the time it developes to a circle of friends and a feeling of belonging somewhere. So find something you think would interest you and try it out! Life doesn't have any meaning but I'm okey with that now cause I'm creating a meaning to my own life. For some people this means family for other peole it means work and for yet other people it could be animals or a hobby... You can also find something which makes your soul smile xD 

Life is as we see it, don't over complicate things. You develop yourself so you can enjoy life to your fullest potential, find your life purpose and live it. 

Meditation would definitely help you not align with ever thought, to get out of that dark headspace you must understand why you're in it and solve the problem by the root. 

Also learn to live with your emotions, emotions are something very beautiful if you can observe them without completely losing yourself in it. 

Good luck!

On 3/20/2016 at 8:38 PM, Why? said:

Find yourself, the real self, and you will have all the reason in the world for living, you will be able to justify your existence here on this earth, and you will begin to know the difference in reality and merely something that you think you know and believe.  You are functioning solely as the identity that you have created, which is controlled by ego and the desires of that identity you created.  Your only solution is to step out of that and into the real part of yourself, the being of consciousness which is your first and original state of being, and begin to see and function from there, then your problem wont exist.

The point is to help people and give thanks for what you already own.

Keep positive and motivated by nature and life possibilities.

@Why? I think it is a good thing. Don't adopt any belief system. Find the unchanging inside the changing. You're not merely the body. Find that in you that will not die because it is timeless.

How? One way is self inquery. Leo has a good video on this.

"The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj