Violina

Achieving success and enlightenment

9 posts in this topic

I’m wondering if people who want to be enlightened can be successful in any fields? What if I want to be for example successful dancer? Should I still exercise my mind, be aware of my thoughts etc.? Do you guys have any goals which are not relate with enlightenment?

@Violina If someone were to realize their true inner being beyond all identification with the mind why would that stop a person from being successful? Wouldn't you think that would make someone a better dancer since they would express their dance from an inner silence deeper than mind.

33 minutes ago, Violina said:

What if I want to be for example successful dancer?

4 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Violina If someone were to realize their true inner being beyond all identification with the mind why would that stop a person from being successful? Wouldn't you think that would make someone a better dancer since they would express their dance from an inner silence deeper than mind.

You are absolutely right. How about following the dreams? 

I read that enlightened people don't really need dreams, and pursuing success. They are happy with themselves and we also should do that. However not everyone can or wants to leave everything what has already achieved and be the ''Buddha''. 

10 hours ago, Violina said:

I read that enlightened people don't really need dreams, and pursuing success.

Enlightened people don't really need dreams and success don't really need dreams. Don't think about success, because if you start thinking about success you become divided. Then you are not totally in the work, your real mind is in the future. If you work really sincerely , success will follow you. Success has not to be the goal.

''When we do not indulge our thoughts and do not judge them, they do not re-enter the feedback loop system. When we stop feeding them, they stop growing, and will eventually shrivel and die. Since this is the source of Ego, the Ego will also shrivel and die, so long as Self Awareness is practised with sufficient diligence. The most important part of this practice  is to NEVER JUDGE our thoughts since judgement is the gateway back into the feedback loop system'' (https://trainthemind.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-subconscious-mind.html)

So I can't use the positive affirmations to motivate my subconscious mind to practice? (violin). So maybe it's better to keep Ego, don't allow it to die if I want to play, dance better? 

What I've discovered in my own journey so far is that as I continue to evolve and increase my level, all these facets of my life seem to fold into one. Enlightenment, self actualisation, my passions, my life purpose, all this stuff just blends into one epic tale - a myth. I am a deeply passionate piano player and writer. My journey to enlightenment surely would not dim these things, but in fact it empowers them! My work then becomes imbued with the wisdom and love of my heart. 

So in response to your question I would say 'enlightenment' as you mention is just one of the themes in this story. Discover what your heart wants to do. If it's dancing, do that. If it's violin, definitely do that. Embracing our hearts wisdom, cultivating our life purpose and talents, I see all this to be apart of becoming consciously evolving human beings. Because then we will have so much to offer our friends, our family, and our community when we reach higher levels - and this will always trump 'success'. 

Peace and love from a fellow musician! ( Definitely do music! ) 

It's even easier combined. My answer to this is - build career that others can benefit from. So that the goal is on giving people valuable services/products/experiences not profit. For me It's health food company and working on making travel agency (with some spiritual touch (special trips) ), and/or retreat center, currently studying Tourism. Also planning in long term to get some properties and rent them. The key is to do this all with love and contribute to others as much as you can. In those time money is most valuable resource If you really wan't to make impact and make the world a better place and for sure money will make you're life a lot more enjoyable too. 

enlightenment is fully realizing the nature of Reality and living it deeply, becoming free of existential crisis and many other sources of unnecessary suffering.

at some point it may require exclusive dedication, but it doesn't imply exclusive dedication forever. actually, after full realization, living becomes a spontaneous self-motivating process.

unborn Truth