Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sockrattes

Masculinity vs Femininity in Spiral Dynamics

9 posts in this topic

I'm watching this Video right now, and i was wondering how this applies to Spiral Dynamics.

I know, SD is more about Values, but it is possible to say, that women tends to be more on the "we" side, while man are considered more "i" centred?

I'm noch trying to generalise here, but i think we can all agree, that there is some kind of gender difference, so there might be a difference in SD for both genders as well.

What is your opinion on that?

The video, that I just posted like an hour ago, is all about Spiral Dynamics in relation to the Divine Feminine. 

But as a woman, I had a very I-centric Orange stage in high school and early college. So, I would imagine that the individualistic focus and collective focuses, will apply to everyone in that phase regardless of gender. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

If we’re talkng concepts “hot” colors are definitely “masculine” “cool” colors are definitely “feminine”

@Emerald

I just watched your video and it makes a lot of sense to me, hopefully to others, too!

?

On 14.7.2018 at 4:24 PM, Emerald said:

The video, that I just posted like an hour ago, is all about Spiral Dynamics in relation to the Divine Feminine. 

But as a woman, I had a very I-centric Orange stage in high school and early college. So, I would imagine that the individualistic focus and collective focuses, will apply to everyone in that phase regardless of gender. 

That's a well made informative video. Thank you. :)

The question is simple so the answer is as well. Generally men tend to go up the stages being more orange and less green and so on. They will move up the ladder in a style that stays away from some feminine things, not integrating the feminine things well in each stage.

Women tend to however move up the green side having their values, ego and all that is more accepting of green things.

For me as a guy forced to adapt to a family, I had to move a lot through the green side. Then when I get to move out, I will integrate more of the masculine aspects.

From my own findings if one has an environment that holds one back the growth becomes more scattered accross the stages, and then we scatter more to masculine or feminine things

Edited by YaNanNallari

2 minutes ago, Zweistein said:

@YaNanNallari after watching some of Emerald's videos, I'm tempted to say that you might have a good point there. 

@Leo Gura @Emerald 

I would love to see a video of you two discussing this ?

I don't necessarily think so. I think Green can be a very difficult jump to make for everyone because there is so much widespread demonization of Green. Probably the majority of people look down upon it. So, men and women alike might want to save face and avoid association with Green, because the society is Orange and hates Green with a vengeance. 

That said, there are a few boons of staying in Orange for men that women can never fully reach. Orange society is usually designed around a lot of male-centric narratives of complete optimization of the self, lovers, lifestyle, etc that are tailored to the male gender.

And the best most women (and feminine oriented men) can really hope for in Orange is to identify with their non-dominant energy and climb in corporate hierarchies or embody a miniscule fraction of their dominant energy and be the attractive love interest of a powerful man. Or some Frankensteinish combo of the two. Either way, a woman (or feminine man) will have to check most (or all) of their feminine energy at the door, disallowing them from being in alignment with their dominant energy. 

Point being, it just doesn't give the illusion of fulfilliment in quite the same way as it would for a man in Orange. So, a woman might get bored there before a man does. 

Having said that, there is usually more social scorn for men moving up to Green because all the Red, Blue, and Orange people will attack their masculinity and see them as lowering themselves, even though they're actually elevating themselves. So, it can be harder for men to leave Orange and make the jump to Green, because they are self-conscious about seeming like a woman or lowering their status to women's level within Orange society. 

So, women who are seeking to move from Orange to Green won't get as much flack for it, as long as we do it without rocking the boat too much or looking 'ugly' while we do it or being outspoken about political stances. 

But I don't really think having an easier time moving to Green is something inherent to men and women. If there is some inherent difference, I'm sure that it's a lot more subtle than society lets on. It almost always is.  I relate it more to social pressures and society being a bunch of crabs in the bucket when it comes to progress. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org