kieranperez

Question on (finding) Niches

7 posts in this topic

So I have my life purpose thanks to @Leo Gura‘s course and am in the planning stages of starting and all that good stuff. Here’s what I don’t get though... doesn’t my life purpose and passion and my vision mostly dictate why my niche is in terms of who my audience is?

12 hours ago, kieranperez said:

doesn’t my life purpose and passion and my vision mostly dictate why my niche is in terms of who my audience is?

not sure, I got the question but basically you want the niche to come from your life purpose, not the other way around. Changing your LP to fit a niche might lead to disassociation with your core values eventually and selling your "soul" for money. 

Instead, you want to create a niche if it doesn't exist,  and if it does, perhaps dig even deeper in it. This is a big challenge, I assume, that most of us are facing who have gone through the course. Of course, in the end, whatever product or service you will be offering, has to be marketable and has to be profitable at least to cover your debts. If you can't see it right now, that's fine, with time and work put into it, stuff will start to come out...if your goals and ambitions don't frighten you, they are not big enough. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

You find your niche by being 100% authentic. You want to be a creator, not a competitor. 

Take Leo these days. He doesn't shoot videos in order to get hits/be popular, he simply shoot videos on subjects that he finds fascinating. 

Edited by martin_malin

How long it took 

On 09/07/2018 at 6:47 AM, kieranperez said:

So I have my life purpose thanks to @Leo Gura‘s course and am in the planning stages of starting and all that good stuff. Here’s what I don’t get though... doesn’t my life purpose and passion and my vision mostly dictate why my niche is in terms of who my audience is?

How long it took to find your life purpose? It will be very helpful as Im saving money to buy the course next month. (If Inr dosent fall compared to $)

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

12 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

How long it took 

How long it took to find your life purpose? It will be very helpful as Im saving money to buy the course next month. (If Inr dosent fall compared to $)

As long as it needed to take ;) 

On 7/10/2018 at 6:57 AM, martin_malin said:

You find your niche by being 100% authentic. You want to be a creator, not a competitor. 

Take Leo these days. He doesn't shoot videos in order to get hits/be popular, he simply shoot videos on subjects that he finds fascinating. 

Yes he posts what he wants but that doesn't mean he just flings out videos. He found his niche and his own circle within the personal development marketplace. He talks often now that he was always more interested in deeper aspects of personal development, which is what his content is all about now. However, that took time to be able to set himself up to be able to have a large enough audience who would a.) listen, and b.) have himself setup in his business in a variety of different ways where he knew he could talk about these things since most people in the modern world aren't open to these kinda discussions that Leo talks about. So he had to establish himself before he could get to where he is today. If you look close, you'll see that those success videos Leo started with early on in his YouTube career was really merely an only a strategic move.

I feel like I actually answered my own question explaining that ^ Lol

2 hours ago, kieranperez said:

As long as it needed to take ;) 

Good for u ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi