Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Empty

Spreading non-duality in a Muslim country ( A blue stage society)

4 posts in this topic

Hi, guys, 

So, there is nothing more rewarding than spreading non-duality. This is my life purpose; I want to give people wisdom to help them change their lives,and teach them about non-duality.  However, I live in a Muslim country, so I don't know how I should spread it. 

What do you think? 

13 minutes ago, Empty said:

I live in a Muslim country

When Al-Hillaj Mansoor became enlightened and declared: “Ana’l haq — I am the truth.” And Mohammedans cannot forgive anybody saying this. Only god is truth. Calling yourself truth, you are indirectly calling yourself God. His Master, al-Junaid, tried to persuade him in many ways -- 'Don't say these things! Keep them inside you, because the people won't understand it and you will be getting into trouble unnecessarily!' 

Mansoor was tortured to death. His legs were cut off, his arms were cut off, they poked his eyes out. No one in history has been tortured more brutally. 

14 minutes ago, Empty said:

so I don't know how I should spread it.

If you want to spread non-duality in a Muslim country, spread it through internet while living in a non-Muslim country, it will be good for your health.

17 minutes ago, Empty said:

there is nothing more rewarding than spreading non-duality

Spreading  non-duality is not rewarding , you become enlightened yourself, it will be greatest contribution to this humanity.

@Empty That is a very interesting question. How unacceptable or acceptable in general is meditation (without mentioning nonduality)? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Empty You would already have a hard enough time to spread non-duality in the West. People aren't open-minded to it and they see no reason for why they should be interested in it. I think the most common route taken for someone who starts trying consciousness work practices is that someone who is suffering immensely in life looks towards self improvement advice, and stumbles upon meditation/yoga. Well that was my route. People can get on board with the idea of improving themselves. It is later that they will discover that the notion they've held throughout their life of self improvement is different to the type of self improvement that you get from consciousness work practices, and it will be a pleasant surprise.

I've been raised in a Muslim family and I've visited Pakistan a lot and I've also interacted with many Muslim immigrants in a Western Country. I don't know what Muslim country you are in and so I don't know what society like there is exactly like. But I can talk about my experience with Pakistani Muslim communities. I'm about to make lots of generalizations, but it's appropriate for understand what the overarching trend. 

Most Muslims believe in a fundamentalist interpretation of the Quran, and it is drilled into them that they must believe that there exists a singular deity separate from them who created them and this singular deity has imposed laws for mankind to follow. The greatest sin you can commit in Islam is Shirk, which is to associate any partners to Allah. Disbelief in God is Shirk. To consider yourself to be God, or to be one with God and reality, would be shirk. It is because of the belief that Shirk is the ultimate evil in Islam that Muslims look down on Christianity. Christians claim Jesus to be the son of God. This is blasphemous, as God has no partners. You are not at the status of God. The word "Islam" means surrender. You are to surrender to the will of a God who is above you and who is completely separate from you. 

And so it is that teaching people that all is one, that they are one with God, that good and evil don't exist, that their beliefs about reality are groundless, would be seen as blasphemy. People are indoctrinated with religion from a young age. They cannot see outside of their box. Their psyche has melded and become one with the box. To many of them, the thought that their world view was wrong never crossed their minds. It would be completely mind shattering if their religion was proved false to them. I entered an existential crisis when it hit me that I had been deluding myself with religion.

It is because of this that many Muslims are obsessed with orthodoxy. My way is the right way. If you are going to spread any theory to them, it better fit in with their already established worldview on religion. 

Spreading non-daulity in real life is risky. Even if you were to avoid spreading the theory, and just encourage meditation and yoga in a secular way, you could possibly be accused of being a heretic. Because meditation and yoga are hindu and buddhist practices, they might see you as someone opening the doors to something blasphemous. That being said, I think that you will probably be fine spreading these practices so long as you keep religion out of it. Put it across as something secular and unrelated to religion. If you ask people to question their beliefs about God,religion and reality you're going to be met with animosity. But it depends on the exact country you are in. I think you have a better chance of spreading meditation rather than yoga.

And as a user previously mentioned, spreading non-duality online is probably a good idea if you're into that. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech in Muslim countries is non-existent in many ways. 

I see Muslims societies taking a slow but steady path away from blue and towards orange. This change will be slow however. I think it will take at least take another 100 years before western liberal attitudes (towards religion,sex,equality and etc) become mainstream in Muslim countries. Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is honestly what my guess is. Some countries will rise up the spiral dynamics hierarchy faster than others. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.