Algi

Does Leo Believe In God?

35 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Algi said:

@SkyPanther I see your point going from one ego to another, but intention is where it all counts. If you are praying etc for wrong reasons like to pretend that you are good then it doesn't matter anyway. My point is that Islam gives you a way, but it is up to you with what intention you practice it and what ego you develop. If you are seeking knowledge about spiritual enlightenment just to show off your knowledge even most subtly then again it is growing a different form of ego like you said.

Believing that universe came from nothing and that there isn't a purpose for us here, sounds very limited just like the earth is flat.

Spiritual Enlightenment is the destruction of the ego.  Once that happens, the fear of death goes with it, because nothing "dies".  And the worry of what happens "after you die" is irrelevant. 

What you are talking about it just being a decent human being.  You do not need to be enlightened to be one.  All religions teach you to be a decent human being.  They just add-on things that need not be included(usually from the culture), like how women should act, or who it is ok, or not ok to have sex with(homosexuality), etc...

As for purpose, the purpose is whatever it is you give it.  You are god.  That is the best part.  There is no "ultimate purpose", besides the one you give yourself.  What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing?  That is your purpose, if you want it to be.  For someone that is enlightened purpose becomes meaningless.  Just being (or not) is purpose enough.

The root of all religions is the Golden Rule:

L7YMN8A.gif

Edited by SkyPanther

48 minutes ago, Algi said:

Bielieving that universe came from nothing and that there isn't a purpose for us here, sounds very limited just like the earth is flat.

It is not limited at all, your ego is just scared of non-existence. This is the exact reason why Islam does not teach loss of the ego.

Edited by Neill Bolton

1 minute ago, Neill Bolton said:

It is not limited at all, your ego is just scared of non-existence.

Yeap.  That is why people have the fear of death.  An ego entity is afraid of not being(and/or fear of the unknown).  Once you surpass that the fear goes away because there was nothing to die in the first place.   The ego entity was an illusion. 

As long as you believe that space, time and matter are real, tangible things there will always be a missing ingredient which keeps it from making total sense. Whether it be in your personal life or science. You can say this missing ingredient is "God" or you can say that this reality you think you are inhabiting is not actually reality. The God thing to me is a cop out, it's like putting only three wheels on a car and rigidly wishing it won't fall over. But at the same time believing that the car HAS to be real. Even if the car is not a complete car. 

But maybe, the truth is that the three-wheeled car is only a certain perspective on the full four-wheeled car. Maybe our reality is missing the front-left wheel, maybe there is another perspective which is missing the right-back wheel. And maybe this is so because the full four-wheel car can't actually be seen or experienced at all.

Saying God created 'me' is a very ego thing to say. Because it implies that this me is actually a thing in a separate space and that there is some hierarchy to beingness(God is higher than me). But hierarchy is actually an ego thing inside the illusion.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual I understood your great analogy with a car; however I struggle to see why worshiping a hierarchy by humbling yourself in a prayer and following the Creator's ultimate knowledge which is superior to yours or mine instantly is "ego thing inside an illusion"?

@SkyPanther Fair enough, interesting reply. I hope you don't mind me asking this, if an entity came down from the sky standing on a Statue of Liberty claiming to be God, would you say it is an illusion of an ego? It might be far fetched but technically we cannot say it won't happen.

1 hour ago, Algi said:

@SkyPanther Fair enough, interesting reply. I hope you don't mind me asking this, if an entity came down from the sky standing on a Statue of Liberty claiming to be God, would you say it is an illusion of an ego? It might be far fetched but technically we cannot say it won't happen.

It could also be an alien. Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from "magic".

If you brought a smartphone to the 700's people would think you had a magic slate.

There was a Star Trek episode called "The Devi's Due" that touched on this. A being claiming to be the devil was scaring people that were technologically inferior. Turned out to be a con-artist using technology to mimic magic/miracles. 

Edited by SkyPanther

On March 17, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Algi said:

My big question is after all this spiritual enlightenment work does Leo believe in God who loves mankind or even a supernatural creator?

Dont know.. Lets ask him .. @Leo Gura Do you believe in God ? 

2 hours ago, Algi said:

If an entity came down from the sky standing on a Statue of Liberty claiming to be God, would you say it is an illusion of an ego? It might be far fetched but technically we cannot say it won't happen.

This line of thinking is irrational and destructive.

@Neill Bolton Rationality is limited just like it says in Leo's latest video. Map does not represent the territory. 

1 hour ago, Algi said:

@Neill Bolton Rationality is limited just like it says in Leo's latest video. Map does not represent the territory. 

Leo also distinguishes between irrationality, and arationality, and very specifically states that irrationality is unproductive / detrimental and at the lowest end of the totem pole. Don't twist his words. I think that whole video went over your head.

Edited by Neill Bolton

2 hours ago, Neill Bolton said:

This line of thinking is irrational and destructive.

I agree, I think having hypotheticals like this is not really helpful. It is all based on conjecture, and a lot of "what if's" can be brought up, etc...

@Algi If you are talking about the Creator God, I don't think Leo cares about that kind of God exist or not.

And there's no point in arguing for existence of God anyways. The reality on earth is our reality. Creator is............................. :/