Tony Tellez

emotions

6 posts in this topic

So whenever I have a bad time and I need wisdom I think of quotes From my role models.. Like leo, infinite waters, and other role models but none came from family and that thought its making me feel like I can't trust nobody not even family all the "small wisdom" I got from family is wrong and it wa effecting the way I see the world, like all the wisdom from family its really low conscious, and its getting me a little depressed what should I do

So the advice your family gave you was "wrong" or "low conscious"? 

What exactly about this observation is making you feel depressed? Would you have liked them to be more supportive, to be more "conscious"? 

The thing is, we always act upon our current level of consciousness. Your family never intended to hurt you in any way. They themselves were under the spell of their beliefs, given to them by their family. They always had the best of intentions, deep down. 

I'd suggest to you to think about your family and then to write down any thoughts, beliefs and judgements you have about them, especially the ones that evoke negative emotions. Then, one by one, ask yourself if they are really true. Look what happens when you believe in these thoughts. And try to reflect what you judged your family for onto your own behavior.  It's always a mirror. 

A statement like "My family should be more conscious" can easily be turned around to "I should be more conscious". Your own consciousness is really the only consciousness you should worry about.

If you want to know more about this process you can check out Byron Katie and her book "Loving what is", or just watch her talks on Youtube. 

4 hours ago, Tony Tellez said:

all the "small wisdom" I got from family is wrong and it was effecting the way I see the world, like all the wisdom from family its really low conscious

Your family have some investment in you. Your family have some ambitions they would like to fulfill through you. They will tell you the ways so that you can adjust in society. It is natural.

12 hours ago, Tony Tellez said:

So whenever I have a bad time and I need wisdom I think of quotes From my role models.. Like leo, infinite waters, and other role models but none came from family and that thought its making me feel like I can't trust nobody not even family all the "small wisdom" I got from family is wrong and it wa effecting the way I see the world, like all the wisdom from family its really low conscious, and its getting me a little depressed what should I do

You are on the right track. The hardest part of this path for me is realizing I can't take the advice of my family and friends anymore. Their advice has always led me down to an empty and suffering filled life.

You will found out that every perspective has truth in it and has to be integrated in the big picture understanding of stuff

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You have to shine your light to see their light :)

B R E A T H E