kieranperez

Dennis McKenna on Joe Rogan

8 posts in this topic

Was really into all the Terence Mckenna talks, I did get really put off when I learned he basically stopped doing all psychedelics after having a super bad and traumatic trip in 89 - but then kept advocating for very high doses and pretending like he still took them for years after through his talks. And he never discussed it, at least lending some balance to his countless suggestions to 'go hard'. 

@Dogsbestfriend  I've heard allusions to that, but you have more details than I've heard before. Do you have a source for that info? Sounds like a challenge, but it's simply curiosity.   :)

@PsiloPutty Yea Dennis was an an episode of 'London Real' where he discusses it . It also used to be in his book he wrote after his brother died, but he removed it after I think the family said they didn't want that to be shared (they had final approval on the material). There's also an episode on Psychedelic salon, one of the episodes covers a panel and they discuss it in detail - think in the 300's can't remember which one

Also basically just google Mckenna bad trip 88-89 and tonnes of people have written about it.

I can't remember the source of where I heard this story... I think it was from a video of his friends talking about his passing some short time after he died. 

I think the last few years were tough for him and he was a man who was living in turmoil. He was heavily invested in his time-wave theorum which was all tied in with that strange software, the I-Ching and 2012. I think he was really distraught that he wouldn't be around until 2012 to see what would happen.

I heard even the scan of his tumour came up in a mushroom shape. I think until the very end he was in some kind of confusion or struggle, but just before he died - like on his death-bed before he passed suddenly some kind of light or clarity came upon him and he said something to the effect of "oh, it was about love. that's what it's been, it's all about love!"

8 hours ago, Arman said:

"oh, it was about love. that's what it's been, it's all about love!"

That's some truth right there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

No surprise that the Shrooms eventually showed him how caught up he was in his own nonsense, projections and interpretations. Seems real truth gave him a nasty shock and some very cold feet. 

Seems like maybe shrooms create new interesting ideas in peoples heads, but then they get all sticky and it just turns into more dogma no different to religious fundamentalism. Maybe the shrooms are too organic or something. 

I like this guys content but sometimes he goes off on some extremely odd tangents regarding race, African conspiracies, insect beings, crystal technologies, and transhumanism. In theory there is no reason to be closed off to these ideas I guess, but for some reason I feel resistance, I feel maybe maya has really taken him for a ride and he's having trouble navigating the breaks.

warn projections.png