Sempiternity

Is there teachers/coaches out there to guide people to Enlightenment?

9 posts in this topic

I know it is a personal inward journey to truly realize what I've always been. But it can take thousands of hours. And I could potentially spend the rest of my life working as hard as I can and sill not reach enlightenment. There are so many traps to fall into to prevent progress. It would help greatly to have a teacher or coach to help guide me through the journey. To push me further than I could on my own. Someone already enlightened, that helps others through the journey. No woowoo or dogma based practices. Just straightforward hard work. Teaching what Leo teaches. Does anyone know of any teacher/coaches that specialize in guiding people to enlightenment? I live in Seattle WA and would love to work with someone here, but would be willing to travel if the coach was the real deal and could actually help me in my path. Thanks for suggestions. 

Why does one want to “become” enlightened anyway?? 

Has one ever considered that the reason was not “enlightened” was percisly because they desired to be??

And if they considered the above, would they see the essential root barrier that prevented that desired state of arival? 

Maybe if one understood why the self/thought sought after the idea of enlightenment, one could also realize the necessary route about going about that particular accomplishment. 

Again, why does one seek enlightenment?? 

What is it that causes this wanting, desiring, lusting after, and striving for? 

Maybe in understanfing that, one would see where one must apply there attention. This just seems like a much more intelligent way to approach such a question. 

Instead of looking for a way, an answer, a method, one could instead apply all ones energy and attention to understanding the underlying problem that prevented one from such a target in becoming an actuality. 

Just a thought:)

Edited by Faceless

Yes there are.  You can be guided.  The key is to find someone you resonate with who is actually deeply enlightened.

Doesn't matter the reasons why. My goal is to be enlightened, hence why I'm on an enlightenment forum from a teacher dedicated to guiding people to enlightenment. Enlightenment doesn't just happen spontaneously (rarely), it takes work. And it takes the ego being on board for benefits to have the drive to do that work. 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yes there are.  You can be guided.  The key is to find someone you resonate with who is actually deeply enlightened.

Yes, that's why I'm asking.....

Anyone reading this, if you're not actually answering the questions posed, please just refrain from commenting. I'm looking for actual helpful feedback, not starting discussions. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Someone already enlightened, that helps others through the journey.

Anybody can claim that he is enlightened. Many people understand whole theory about spirituality, but they have no experience of the real thing. There is no way you can find an authentic master. 

17 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Anybody can claim that he is enlightened.

Even a truly an enlightened person will say he is enlightened to teach. I dont know why people use the word claiming, it only shows they are not enlightened themselves. As if you need every guy in the street to shout that you are enlightened to confirm it.

17 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

There is no way you can find an authentic master

You can definitely. If you are somewhat on the correct path and have a sharp eye.

@Jed Vassallo A teacher can only course correct you sometimes but in the end, all work has to be done by you. A physical teacher is necessary if you are learning a subject, but in enlightenment, you are unlearning what is untrue. Id say stick to reading books by awakened people(hint : Jed Mckenna) and do what they tell you to do. If you are still not satisfied, go to spiritual gathering(preferably non dual) and ask around for teachers.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

3 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

@Jed Vassallo A teacher can only course correct you sometimes but in the end, all work has to be done by you. A physical teacher is necessary if you are learning a subject, but in enlightenment you are unlearning what is untrue. Id say stick to reading books by book by awakened people(hint : Jed Mckenna) do what they tell you to do. If you are still not satisfied, go to spiritual gathering(preferably non dual) and ask around for teachers.

I know it's ultimately up to me. Just think it would be helpful to have someone to guide and support. That's a good idea on nondual spiritual gatherings. I wonder if there are any in my area. I'll research that. Thanks!