kateaa

5 Meo-dmt, Ayahuasca?

8 posts in this topic

I have been working with ayahuasca before, the last time was about 6 months ago. I have had very profund experiences with it and had a glimps of what reality is like. It was like coming back home for the first time. Yes, with ayahuasca you can still "experience" the brahma or the absolute...but it can take some times and you have to surrender to what is. I am so grateful and now I am trying to intergrate it in my daily life.  I have not done 5 meo-dmt or the toad but I guess that it's very intense aswell. 

During the ayahuasca ceromonies I had a lot of spiritual purges, and cleared the blokages in my body.  During those days, at some point it felt like the ego or the self was becoming smaller and smaller and i felt very clean and clear. Before this, I have been using vipassana meditation technique for about 2 years and so when I had my first ceremony, it just went straight to the point. Personally I feel the benefits of ayahuasca and also because i have learned to observe more rather than react. Ayahuasca helped me to see the small blind spots rather than skipping them and I had more time to work with some areas and problems. 

Personally I can still feel the ayahuasca medicine inside, wheras I have been purging in dreams and seen some visions as if I was at a ceremony. Very clear sights and real. My eyes are not what they used to be. Since I am living in the society, I still have to deal with the mundane life and the ego has to make decisions which is sometimes difficult. 

Maybe one day I will have an opportunity and will to do 5-meo dmt, but still..i am not sure of it yet. So for those who have done 5 meo-dmt, do you integrate what you have experienced in daily life and does it have any effects after you have been working with it? How much do you take back to your normal daily life? 

I guess that the intergration fase is very important if you are serious about it

@kateaa , hello. 

Very interesting to hear how your experience had a lasting effect. I tried Aya just once at a Santo Daime Church gathering in Amsterdam, which, in fact, is not the way to do it if it is one's first time.

Could you say where is it that you tried Aya - was it in different settings and with different shamans or guides?

Incidentally, have you seen the 5 Meo-Dmt reports in this thread:

Edited by astrokeen

Life is a constant practice everyday. There’s nothing special to do except stay focused on your true being and keep raising your awarness. 

I always recommend meditation because its powerful for understanding more deeply. 

Edited by cirkussmile

@cirkussmile

Not sure how your advise can help here. Of course meditation is the best way but for people who have tried meditation for years without major insights, psychedelics are an amazing tool. Even if meditation has been fruitful, the direct experience gained through psychedelics can be transformative in many ways - It is a way of gaining greater insights, expanding ones' experience and, if one is lucky, it could transform our spiritual practices long term. It may be a shortcut if it helps advance the kundalini. 

Saying that meditation is the best way is not really helpful. 

5 hours ago, astrokeen said:

@cirkussmile

Not sure how your advise can help here. Of course meditation is the best way but for people who have tried meditation for years without major insights, psychedelics are an amazing tool. Even if meditation has been fruitful, the direct experience gained through psychedelics can be transformative in many ways - It is a way of gaining greater insights, expanding ones' experience and, if one is lucky, it could transform our spiritual practices long term. It may be a shortcut if it helps advance the kundalini. 

Saying that meditation is the best way is not really helpful. 

Im sorry but how else can you intergrate a trip but let time pass and staying conscious? 

Meditation is a great daily practice to slow down. Thats what we want right? To slow down... 

@astrokeenthanks, i'll check that out.

There are small branches of Aya, how people do ceremonies are different. 

I was fortunate to do that in the jungle environment, which also made a lot of difference since that's where the plant medicine is from. 

I guess it's like when you first start to meditate and you don't really understand why you are meditating or what's all about. The same goes with ayahuasca. Things become more easier when you practice it. Now I combine both meditation and the plant medicine practice.  

It was with friends(guides), whom are working with the plants and have been recieving the teachings from the plants for many years. So the group and environment are very important i guess. I would never participate in a ceremony with more then 10 persons. 

Santo daime in Amsterdam has a gathering every year? I am close to the netherlands..

@astrokeen   I think cirkussmile was saying that meditation is a good way to integrate psychedelic insights into one's waking life. I don't think he/she was suggesting that meditation renders psychedelics obsolete. Just my take on it.  :)