Darthcolo

I have lost my "Why" (if I ever had it)

17 posts in this topic

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

I have been thinking lately about why I do the thing I do. Why do I go to work, save money, endure situations I do not like, etc.? I used to feel that it was for something (abstract), some hope of a reward, but never was much clear. Now I do not fell even that. It seems to me that I have lost my compass. :S

Anyone have felt like that? Any recomendations? 

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Darthcolo said:

I have been thinking lately about why I do the thing I do. Why do I go to work, save money, endure situations I do not like, etc.? I used to feel that it was for something (abstract), some hope of a reward, but never was much clear.

That's the wise thing to do. You might not be clear at the moment, but keep doing the sensible things so that you don't end up on the streets, then you really will have problems! 

Meaning comes and goes, just hold on and things will come good. 

That's my advice.

source: cook-greuter.com 

@Darthcolo

This could be a natural result of awakening. Most people don't question why they do things, and so they just get the default programming they're given growing up.

Sometimes that questioning leads us to realize that we actually don't want what we previously thought we wanted. And it can be confusing and disorienting.

Overall though it's a good thing. You're thinking for yourself and seeing what you're authentically inspired to do.

@Ether Good opportunity to find out what you are.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Ether No more resistant thoughts. Practice. Be aware of them. No more demeaning thoughts against yourself. Self Inquire them. 

Ain’t nobody ever came here for some 30% life.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether No more resistant thoughts. Practice. Be aware of them. No more demeaning thoughts against yourself. Self Inquire them. 

Ain’t nobody ever came here for some 30% life.  

Yeah, I know, Im doing all that.

I put all my effort into meditation and it leaves me with like 15% thought activity but I want ZERO HAHAHAHA

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I wouldn’t equate the two. Good thoughts about self are never a problem because they’re true.

Positive and negative are equally untrue.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Ether Sure, if we’re talkin dualistic / thought. 

Funny you mention me because I just meditated for 15 minutes. I was super focused in the last 10 mins

@Ether

Underneath the positive and negative is a quality and it's essential nature is one of positivity. It's just has no opposite because its beyond the play of opposites. If it were not positive in nature then none of us would bother chasing it. What would be the point? :)

source: cook-greuter.com 

You're all speaking to me him like he's going to magically become enlightened tomorrow and all his problems will be gone. I'm gonna bet that's not gonna happen. I think right now @Darthcolo you need a plan for understanding your own underlying drive and meaning. I'd suggest making a contemplation journal on what makes life worth living. What does a successful life look like to you? Get all your ideas out of your head on paper and then organize them to better understand what in life is worth your time. Anything from friends to your health to your purpose/career to learning. Then, you can start to plan your days and weeks accordingly to give you the most time in meaningful activities

Thanks to all for the responses. Some of them resonate more with me than others.

@Wyatt I'm doing this since two and a half months now, and has helped a lot. Thanks for the advice!

This morning, as I was journaling, I came across the fact that I'm easily sucked into a "dark place", in which I loose hope and start feeling apathy towards life. So, what I will do is to create a "rescue kit" to use in these situations (made of inspirational phrases, pictures, videos, etc.).

It's easy for me to go to this "dark place". It's almost my default mode ofbeing, so I need to actively seek a way to avoid going there. I think I've never saw this situation in this way before.

More importantly than knowing who one is, the blissfulness and managing suffering of every day comes first.