Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MisterMan

Bentinho Massaro

9 posts in this topic

`Ok i don't think this guy needs much explanation and i have seen positive and negative about him. Personally when i first caught onto him a few weeks back he blew my mind. Basically the video skullfucked my ego. Crazy shit.

Anyway I always saw some of his other stuff, "parallel realities" which i recently listened to and thought was cool. I have recently just started watching another. To be honest i got a culty vibe from the start simply because of just how into the message i was in "You are the SOURCE" long lecture.

However i had NEVER read anything about him prior nor did i know anything about all the allegations made to him. I learned it later on but didn't seem to really care as i was legitimately agreeing with where he's going with this.

It's pretty standard stuff but he really cut through all the explanations and was excellent, i mean it was a great video. I honestly think that he does make good content. 

Of course I'm new to most of his stuff but the last video kind of had me started raising quuestions. Through out the course of this year I've gotten a firm conceptual grasp of  the nature of thought and language and their symbolic nature. So when doing this work of "changing your past" i understood as when he said that any thought i think up of a new past is as "real" as the "old" one.

That and that imagination is a connection at some level to an alternate reality in which there are infinite amounts of. So you meditate a bit, kind of like shadow work and then because you have an impression of what went wrong in your childhood it has to measure up to something for it to have it's value. In an emotional felt type of "deductive" processing you are able to see that the thing you always wanted was always there. 

Any one know a bit more about this process he does in. It is powerful certainly and you see it everywhere. I mean positive re inforcing is a legitimate strategy. So on some level this belief that your past or thoughts on yourself are just as real as the next thought is not new to even mainstream psychology.

Although i got a spidy sense that has started going off. Oh sure there are a lot of crazier shit than this he does, and he makes it fun.  It's interesting because ultimately our sense of self is a fantasy, and he's literally saying, change the fantasy. Change how you feel. Here is how you can do it. 

What are your thought on him? And in particular with the actual content. I've read a lot of people where theres just boatloads of arrogance coming off them, "don't touch that shit" without ever having listened or switched off after one hearing.

If these people exist, could you please put forward some substantial reasoning behind your decision because "never really bothered with him" is atrocious having people against his teachings who don't listen to him. One article some guy was doing spirituality for 40 years and Bentinho books were the worst by far he'd read. 

He then went on to argue principles Bentinho laid out which seem to have been picked up from Advaita Vedanta with arguments like "what if your wifes baby had a child and someone put a gun to his/her head?"

So aguing with that guy would be like having build up a castle and having to start over again just to get him on the right steps to focus on to even be able to acknowledge the nature of what bentinho then surrounds his work about.

Legit be so curious to see what you guys think about him especially to the ones who took the time to listen to him. Personally i think he's really good but there is enough around and the last video where you're rearranging meaning via thought of memories really almost like it get's into some witchcraft type of stuff.

Would love to hear critics on this who have listened to his work.

That's the thing, no one really breaks down his teachings. Most criticisms aren't thought out, just funny comments, or quick phrases without any real substance. Just like the above.

A positive vibe is there have to admit that. Its all about Loa or everything is mixed with loa. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

You guys seriously blow when it comes to answers.

Just another being trying his best to spread the light.

Absorb what is useful, discard what is not. The rest is none of our business.

B R E A T H E

My point is this.

I don't really know enough about both as i'm near the starting line when it comes to both messages. But it seems to me as if Alan Watts is saying that filtering these teachings through a western mind has us asserting values like-
*having control over the situation

*wanting to assert ourselves better

So it filters these wise teachings in a different way as opposed to what was originally intended by the eastern traditions.

I'm kind of getting the vibe that this is kind of what is happening with bentinho massaro. But i honestly don't know. 

Is this just a projection of my own confusion and ignorance? Or have i got the right idea? A bit of both? Neither?

Edited by MisterMan

4 hours ago, MisterMan said:

My point is this.

I don't really know enough about both as i'm near the starting line when it comes to both messages. But it seems to me as if Alan Watts is saying that filtering these teachings through a western mind has us asserting values like-
*having control over the situation

*wanting to assert ourselves better

So it filters these wise teachings in a different way as opposed to what was originally intended by the eastern traditions.

I'm kind of getting the vibe that this is kind of what is happening with bentinho massaro. But i honestly don't know. 

Is this just a projection of my own confusion and ignorance? Or have i got the right idea? A bit of both? Neither?

I tried his course a while back and it was really good, my philosophy is not to trust any teacher, but to see if i understand the truth by myself.
I do feel like people judge him a lot, but people are always judgmental. see if it works for you, what are you afraid of? that you will waste time? get delusional? dont just believe stuff, but if what you hear helps you in any way, why not use the teachings?

if for example he talks about higher dimensional beings or whatever and that information doesnt give any practical value to you, i think its a waste of time.

For example Leo's last videos on consciousness and intelligence didnt give anything to me, because to me what he said sounded like fantasy, i have to experience that stuff for myself to gain any value from it. personally I couldnt do anything with the information he gave, and just believing it is oh no- just wrong, therefore it was kind of a waste of time. see if the stuff youre hearing is also a waste of time and just adding beliefs on top of reality. I think true spiritual work is dismantling your beliefs and not adding them.

What I'd like to know is, are his teachings effective? And if yes, which ones are the most effective and at the same time set him apart from other teachers like Leo and Eckhart Tolle?

Maybe that's just how it is at the start for most teachers, but after getting started on his online course it seems that what he says doesn't differ much from what I've learned from Eckhart Tolle and Alan Watts. As I've started watching Leo's videos that means I have less time to check out the rest of Bentinho's stuff.

I'm aware that his movement's been wracked with a scandal or two lately, but I'm not as interested in that as I am in whether what he has to share actually works.

Oh man, it all comes from the same body of knowledge, and is just expressed differently. Now we could discuss the nuances of difference and relation in a circular fashion. 

It all already exists. My point is, perhaps i should have elaborated in more detail instead of linking the video. And the man himself Leo has said on here something along the likes of, go straight for enlightenment, then if you want you can come back and play wizard. This peaked my curiosity and i supposed this thread is an expression of that in a way in me assuming Bentinho is playing wizard to and with those who have not been enlightened. Which is where my hesitance lies.

Edited by MisterMan