Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Growf

Extreme fear of ending up alone.

5 posts in this topic

I since 6 months live on my own. I have what I consider 3 close friends and 1 long term gf (3.5 years). 
My relationship is going downhill and 2 friends are very occupied with theirs. 

The other close friend I see a lot, but I have this feeling that eventually we will split our paths. 

Fly to India and see someone with a rotting leg on the street whilst everyone walks past him

@Growf  Haha dude, you have way more than me! I am basically a hermit and I am completely fine. Being alone isn't all that bad. In fact at higher levels of consciousness, you might actually start to prefer it.

Fear is all in your mind. Face your fear head on! Take a solo meditation retreat or spend more time alone.

Why are you so scared of yourself? :P

I think the hardest part is the not knowing. The waiting.

Fear makes your emotions an inner conflict that leads to a downward spiral with relationships. To yourself and people around. Guilt feelings can be found, losing confidence. The holding on is very hard and very destructive. You will be fine alone, the thought is the hard part.  Sometimes it is better to cut it and take the hit.

Don't worry about loosing friends. I have lost friends too. You will gain new ones. A bit hard if you only sit at home though.
Let's say if you lost your friends, would one of your goal be to have friends again? Would you make a plan to do new activities to follow this goal?
If no, Would you survive? would you die? what would you do to improve? what habits?

But, this may not be what you really want to hear, I guess. Sometimes it is nice to have a victim role and sometimes it is hard to fight back.
You can fight this, try a last time. 
Again, What can you do to focus on yourself? What bad habits can you remove? What can you implement?
Removing habits are the best in the start.

Like above said, retreat would be nice if you found yourself all alone.
It is easier to write stuff than to do stuff. 
fixing your relationship is hard, worth to fix if you really want to be with that person. For a loong period.
Cutting is hard too, worth to do if it is destructive for all of you.
The in between is very bad. You can make an honest decision. I bet you are young too. You have at least 30 years left, new paths and people will come, don't worry.

Sometimes..
The ones that feel they need someone around all the time, needs to be alone.
The ones that feel they need to be alone, needs somebody around.
The hardest path can give most wisdom.