SMI

Your Death Preference

52 posts in this topic

death only applies to unconscious functioning human identities.  there is no death for an awakened being.  an awakened being is already functioning in the state of being that they will be in when they step out of the body they created for themselves to experience this life with, and when they leave it, they leave it as a liberated being, the rest will leave their body still programed with their false belief systems, their quantum memory, their warped perception of life, and this idea that you will continue forever until you get it right, is just a newage teaching, there is no proof of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to die with Beethoven's 9th symphony 4th movement playing while finally reaching enlightenment and completing the circle of my search in life. Then I want to be made into ashes and spread in a pond near my childhood home, so I can forever live in peace amongst the humble ducks (the symbol of my life).  


- Enter your fear and you are free -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine having this last part played during your final moments: 

Epic. I'm almost looking forward to my death now (JK)... but still... wow...

 


- Enter your fear and you are free -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I want to die enlightened. 

I wanted to die enlightened.  But that was just the ego talking.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that I'm already dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Emerald Wilkins What does it matter? I'll be dead even if I'm enlightened or not. I'm just saying it's kind of comedic. Dying with a BANG, not so that anyone else needs to remember me, but just that I end it for myself at a peak moment (for me). And the funny part is that if I become enlightened at that very moment, I'll realise the stupidity of it and the waste – that's humor to me and that fulfils me. But if your preference is being prune and boring then hey... what can I tell you... good luck have fun 


- Enter your fear and you are free -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Flores said:

I would not like to die. I would like to extend the "self's life to 350" and learn how to extend consciousness into awareness itself, allowing self to exist and search the universe for places to colonize and willing bodies to inhabit. 

And I'm the crazy one lol..  You're smoking some good stuff you little stoner you.. And birds of a feather flock together.. 

Hey guys there's your volunteer 

P. S.  This isn't a game to me I'm not having any fun 

Edited by Mikey

It's better to burn out than fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Flores said:

@Mikey Haha once you realize how this world doesn't make ANY sense, that it's all an illusion, you start thinking VERY outside the box 

Is that your way of apologizing to me for calling me basically crazy the other day? 

People/stalkers have possessed my friends, family, neighbors and who knows which other passer bys.. I'm still piecing everything together.. I've made sense of a few things.. Not everything.. I'm still trying to figure out why Leo meme's me and why he denies being enlightened and a guru and why is he playing both sides?  But I'm intellectually aware of quite a bit..

Edited by Mikey

It's better to burn out than fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Flores said:

@Mikey I understand you because my brain functions in a way that I can understand most people. But the reason why you can't understand things is because your mind process data in fragments. I cannot help you and only medication might help you filter things out.

 

You're not "crazy", your brain just functions differently as does mine. Leo is not enlightened because ALL are enlightened lol...

 

Enlightenment always exists, the question is: Are you letting yourself be it. Some people require different help for different things and at times that includes help such as that. The man you spoke to the other day is on meds and you know what? He's STILL pursuing enlightenment because it doesn't mean your BAD....bad is just a word

Bro you sound possessed.. 

I don't think you have a clue

 

 

Edited by Mikey

It's better to burn out than fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Flores said:

@Mikey possession is one construct of reality lol...

I think you're a parrot


It's better to burn out than fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never said anyone hates me.. I think it's time for "your" meds.. At best I give you puppet status.. 

 

Edited by Mikey

It's better to burn out than fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Flores said:

you know what, fine, be this way, I'll learn what I can from you as fragmented people tend to have insight, but @Leo Gura should know about this conversation

Oh he knows, he's a guru, a Yodagurunada.. That's not intended as a compliment 

Anyways I don't have a clue what to do the world's messed up so I'm not going to do anything until I figure it all out.. Sounds pretty serious.. I'd think serious frustration & consideration would be appreciated & foreseen.. I'm not volunteering or agreeing to anything without a complete explanation.. I have a choice.. 

Edited by Mikey

It's better to burn out than fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

- Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

Edited by jse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not just yet, at any rate!  

When I'm good 'n' ready, please - there's TOO MUCH amazing shit left to do on this cheerful little mudball we call Earth.

This brings to mind a situation in my life this week:  

My Dad lives with his current partner about 1500 kms from my city, and he's coming down to stay here next week.  We are both veteran motorbike riders, and he had been planning to ride his Triumph, and then we were going to ride our bikes back together...but his partner got all spooked by some recent rider deaths on the roads where they live.  So, fearing the worst, she applied emotional pressure on him to take the ute instead...and he acquiesced!  

I had to give him a ribbing - I said "ya can't go about living in fear, Dad...and besides, you've bloody well been riding since 1971!"  And he's like "Yeah...I know, buut..."  

Hmmm.  :-)  

Edited by Stefan Moritz
Incomplete thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well since your just gonna wake up anyway it won't matter. What happens when you die in your dreams?

You'll forget it all so any type of death becomes equal ultimately :)


B R E A T H E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather be ashes than dust! 
I would rather that my spark should burn out 
    in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. 
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom 
    of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. 
The function of man is to live, not to exist. 
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. 
I shall use my time-Jack London 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-Dylan Thomas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2016 at 11:15 AM, Emerald Wilkins said:

nor will you care about what happens to your ashes.

In all the countries where spirituality has flowered, people became aware that something happens… So people have preserved things that were used by enlightened people, or just have made memorials of their bodies.

In India bodies are burned, but you will be surprised to know that the remains left after burning a body are called “flowers”. Ordinary people’s ashes are thrown into holy rivers, but enlightened people’s “flowers” are preserved in samadhis – in beautiful marble memorials. Just to go and sit there is in itself a meditation.

Perhaps Tibetans were the first to understand it: they have covered ninety-nine great masters’ bodies with gold. That used to be the most sacred place in Tibet. It is just… If you have seen the picture of Potala, the palace of the Dalai Lama, it is just underneath it. Potala is high in the mountains, and underneath there are many caves. One cave is devoted only to those ninety-nine bodies. Now it is completely closed so that the communists cannot find it – because they will not be interested in the bodies; they will be interested in the gold. They will destroy those bodies and take the gold – and it is a great quantity of gold. So before the Dalai Lama left Lhasa because of the communist invasion of the country, he sealed it in every possible way so that they cannot discover it. And they have not been able yet to discover it.

But the trouble is that the world is ruled by those who know nothing of this. For example, Delphi was a mystery school. Delphi should not be open for everybody, because they will destroy its subtle vibration. But the government is interested in tourism!

On 3/13/2016 at 1:40 PM, SMI said:

How would you like to die? I would like to die at an old age quietly in sleep

Conscious death is the door to enlightenment. If you die consciously you will be born consciously the next life, and that life will be your last one in a body on planet earth. 

There is a Tibetan method "Bardo" for the people who meditated but missed enlightenment in their life. The Bardo is a  simple method but with great significance. The Bardo is suggestions to the dying person: “Now be silent. Leave this life consciously. Rather than death taking it away from you, relax your hold; don’t be defeated by death, don’t struggle. Just drop all your attachment. This world is finished for you, and this life is finished for you. There is no point in holding on to it; in holding on to it you will be fighting with death. You cannot win, and a very significant possibility will be missed.

It is the end of a dream. That is the fundamental point in bardo, that you have lived a dream that you call life, a seventy-year-long dream. It is coming to an end. You can weep for the spilled milk and miss the opportunity – because within seconds you will be entering into another womb, into another dream.

So bardo is reminding you that what is disappearing was a dream. And it is very easy when death is coming to see your life as a dream. 

The person is just falling into deep silence and death is descending. And he is listening to these words from someone he has loved, he has trusted, from someone whom he cannot imagine would deceive him – only then is it meaningful.

Edited by Prabhaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now