electroBeam

Doing a controversial/revolutionary career

5 posts in this topic

How do you correctly manage a career that is controversial?

When I say controversial, I mean a career that delves into intellect that is not normal, or opposes views of the establishment. One such career is Leo's entire career. He delves into topics that critique science, rationalism and supports illegal substances. Another one is Ghandi's career, Marting Luther King, and on the opposite side of the spectrum, breibart news. 

I'm currently pursuing such a career as well, one more technical - specifically a maths blog that shows you ways in which you can utilise chaos theory to help produce more meaningful technology. Yet I am struggling to get a following because most people are not open to rejecting their usual way of scientific inquiry.

How do I go about making a more successful career? Do I need to look up/train in rhetoric more? Do I need to change my blog to focus on something else? Or do I need to change my tact entirely? 

What are important skills for making a successful controversial career? 

@Leo Gura You're an obvious one to choose for gaining an insight into this topic. 

First, work for it. Second, attain enlightenment or at least a high level where you stop caring what people think. Thats it.

That's interesting. I'm wondering if I should choose a pick up artist career, which is quite controversial as well.

I think David Deida talks something about facing the world's resistance to your purpose. If you consider that more than 95% of the population is socially conditioned, you may realize that your idea will face a lot of resistance. People in general won't accept you and your ideas and that's the challenge.  Remember what Arthur Schopenhauer said:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

@brugluiz That's sort of like one of Ghandi's quotes. Resistance to your life purpose is an interesting and very important field to study, I agree.