Slade

I faced one of my biggest fears

5 posts in this topic

My whole life I’ve always had an interest in comedy but was way too scared to ever even consider trying it. When I started Leo’s life purpose course the thought came up, multiple times, that maybe I should be a comedian. All my friends said I should do it but I continued to reject the idea, which is a classic example of the hero denying the call on the hero’s journey. About a month ago I went to watch my first live comedy show and a lightbulb went off and for the first time I admitted to myself that maybe this was what I wanted to do. 

Last night I finally faced one of my biggest fears. I went to a club to do an open mic, nervous as fuck I thought about scratching my name off the list and going home but I persevered. My name was called, I got on the stage and had the time of my life. I felt like I was in my zone! The audience was laughing and I was smiling like a child. I felt like I really tapped my authentic self, it was amazing. I think comedy might be my purpose so I’m going to continue to stick my head in that direction and see where it takes me. 

“Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. The very cave you are afraid to enter turns out to be the source of what you’re looking for.” -Joseph Campbell 

@Slade Cool!

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

Yoo please keep updating us on your success. That’s awesome bro. You can add me if you want