MonikaBcn

ADD/ADHD

14 posts in this topic

Anybody with ADD/ADHD would like to share their experiences with developing discipline and self-control?

Hi. I was diagnosed ADD. And I dont like to look at it as a disorder. I look at it rather as a gift. One thing that I have noticed is that I have had problem with is the ability to see consequences of the choices I make. I could not focus. everybody at the school knew me as the quiet kid in class that did not do shit. I had really bad self esteem. When I was 15 years old I got obsessed with skrillex, I could not believe how it was possible to make such complex music, so I downloaded fl studio and after that, I found my life purpose. I have always loved being creative. I stopped taking ADHD meds 1 year ago, seriously the meds fucked me up. And also feel like Marijuana has help me allot.  I fint meditation much better solution. Meditation for me is the key. If I find something interesting I get that hyper focus. That flowstate. And when I saw the spiritual enlightenment video I though it was too interesting to let it go. And after a year of following Actualized, now I get really obsessed over anything. I love everything, I fint everything beautiful. :D We are all complex machines. we just have to notice that, just noticing it enough to get you started. :D yea. what about you?

Hi there, 

I have been diagnosed 6-months ago and what a relief to finally understand that 'strange' and unusual behaviour.

I have the hyper-focused type, there are 7 different types (see Dr Amen videos).

Now, that I know what is the problem I can work on how to discipline the bad side of ADHD and continue with what I consider a gift.

First thing, change diet, second get the vitamins your brain need, third do sport, four self-actualised to balance some annoying traits, get aware of certain pattern of behaviour and start doing tinny changes that will bring you to the big goal.

What up, doe?

I've been diagnosed with Inattentive ADD since 2014. It caused a lot of hardship for me in high school and my first year of college. I write music as well. My HS band director used to rip me a new butthole for forget my music and back-sassing him. I have perfect pitch, though, so I'd always memorize my music quickly. I got away with a lot of crap because I was talented and could hyperfocus.

I'm currently going to college in Cincinnati for Commercial Music Production. A couple of my peers have ADD as well, including a now good friend of mine. I used to be the shy, flakey, artsy kid that no one understood but thought was kinda cool. Now, I'm with peers that understand me more so, not personal development-wise but musically.

I'm VERY excited that Leo made this forum for us fellow ADD/ADHD self-actualizers!

I was diagnosed with ADD as a child but that´s it. Nothing was ever done about it and I forgot about it for years. Recently I discovered work of Russel Barkley as I was looking for a reason why I cannot get anything done. I make my goals, set up a routine, follow for 5 days max and then everything goes to hell. Every month the same story.

I could really relate to the parts of ADHD/ADD he was describing as a lack of ¨executive function¨. No inner voice, easily distracted, no working memory, bad perception of time, need for external motivation/reward.

I am trying positive affirmations now, to convince myself that I can be disciplined. All my life I heard that I´m the opposite, and I was. If this doesn´t work then I don´t know what will... Maybe only hiring a coach to punch me in my head whenever I procrastinate :D

lol i didn´t know that ADHD is a SERIOUS EMOTIONAL PROBLEM...

Just now, MonikaBcn said:

lol i didn´t know that ADHD is a SERIOUS EMOTIONAL PROBLEM...

This topic fits better and is easier to find in this sub-forum.

:)

I have heard from various sources that ADHD can be greatly helped by a non-gluten diet... 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Hey fellas ,

i always setup goals, write plan, take action for 2 to 3 days and unconsciously i will giveup my goals & start regretting for my actions for 2 days then again watch a motivational video, and Start the same procedure over and over with out any positive outcome. Does it mean i have add/adhd disorder or lack of consistency 

1 hour ago, Ayla said:

This topic fits better and is easier to find in this sub-forum.

I have heard from various sources that ADHD can be greatly helped by a non-gluten diet... 

I started this thread in context of productivity, so I don´t think it´s very helpfull moving it to SERIOUS EMOTIONAL CONDITIONS.

Gluten free diet helpful? For which symptoms exactly? 

1 hour ago, Barack osama said:

Hey fellas ,

i always setup goals, write plan, take action for 2 to 3 days and unconsciously i will giveup my goals & start regretting for my actions for 2 days then again watch a motivational video, and Start the same procedure over and over with out any positive outcome. Does it mean i have add/adhd disorder or lack of consistency 

You can only know for sure after being diagnosed by a doctor but watch Russel Barkley videos and see for yourself if you fit the description. It was very eye-opening for me.

4 minutes ago, MonikaBcn said:

I started this thread in context of productivity, so I don´t think it´s very helpfull moving it to SERIOUS EMOTIONAL CONDITIONS.

Gluten free diet helpful? For which symptoms exactly? 

You will have to look online for more information about gluten-free diet and ADHD. 

What I kindly advise you, is to remove yourself from this so called disorder. None of the symptoms, the effects, the challenges that you are experiencing deserve to be caged in a medical concept, moreover, none of them will make me think less of you because you are not those symptoms.

You are a spec of Truth. 

Truth is Perfect and Truth is Always there. Truth is who we are.

So experience everything you perceive as if it was a perfume that needs to wear off. Don't give it attention, just keep going forward step by step. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Anybody have experience with Dr. Daniel Ames?  He sounds very credible, and he bases his discussions of ADD on brain scan images, plus understanding of the emotional functioning of particular parts of the brain.  I didn't know that one can have more than one of the 7 types of ADD until I started watching his training videos.

I'd still like to hear an opinion from somebody who can objectively have an opinion about Dr. Amen.  Here's a provocative article about him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/daniel-amen-is-the-most-popular-psychiatrist-in-america-to-most-researchers-and-scientists-thats-a-very-bad-thing/2012/08/07/467ed52c-c540-11e1-8c16-5080b717c13e_story.html

My own still amateur opinion is that Amen is right, the anti-SPECT advocates seem like a failed establishment pov when some revolutionary new idea shakes their paradigm.

Edited by 8LanguageStud
add one comment