zoey101

Muscle Pain

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So, I got into a little bit of a car wreck yesterday, and I thought I was totally fine. Didn't actually feel anything. Today is a totally different story though. My back and wrist are really sore and I was just wondering if there was any secret to helping alleviate the pain without resorting to drugs or just laying here till it stops. Would aerobic stretching be a good place to start? or will that just make it worse? It hurts to do it, but I'm willing to deal with it if it will help.

Any thoughts? 

You probably have whiplash, for pain i take curcumin/turmeric extract and or capsaicin and apply a homemade cayenne pepper/menthol and essential oil cream. Epsom salt bath can help too and gentle massage with magnesium and essential oils. If nothing works i go to the potent stuff Cannabis Oil.

Sometimes topically is enough other times you may need the stuff that gets you a little high to as mind plays huge role in pain. I once had a toothache and no medicine that the doctors gave me worked for almost a week i was going insane, i said fuck it and smoked a little joint and pain was gone in 15-30minutes i was in a completely new mind-state fell asleep peacefully without pain, woke up feeling fresh no pain the following few days which gave me enough time to see a dentist and sort it out before it came back.

Obviously a joint is no match for medical grade cannabis oil but sometimes you gotta use what you have.

B R E A T H E

Lol I already smoke ;) I think I'm adjusted to it. But I went to a chiropractor and he gave me some advice. I like the extract and essentials pills though thank you.

Any other advice is welcome. I need to start physical therapy and I  wouldn't mind any advise at all to help it be a little less painful without resorting to heavy drugs. I'm really not a big fan..

@zoey101 Chiropractor is a short term fix. Meds are a short term fix. 

How healthy is your spine in general? You're going to feel sore, then it'll go away, BUT u want to make sure that in 6 months from now you do not get reoccurring pain.

Stretching and body awareness is crucial. Make sure you do the cobra yoga pose, loosen your hips, as well as make sure you maintain a healthy spine/neck throughout the day.

(Not a professional, but I have been rear ended by someone going 60mph so i get ya.) 

Let me know if you need any help.

@Sahil Pandit thank you. I'll look up the yoga. The doc said the first three days it just gets worse before it gets better... I feel so much worse than yesterday.. one more day to do... Yay...

if you've been injured, the pain is there for a reason, your immune system has created this inflammation so that different repair and phagocytic cells can move in and out much faster, you want to encourage that process not to stick antiinflammatories on that. 

. People always want to put out the inflammation or pain but the pain is your body signalling you that it is repairing the area and you should not move it. Taking antinflamatories is going against body's natural healing response. .....a case of chronic inflammation is a different story ofcourse. Embrace the swelling and redness if it is there and let it do what it needs to. Don't stretch the injured area for couple days. 

Have a lot of rest, a lot of water and a good nutrition. Your body will let you know once it is ready to carry on :)  

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thank you. It's a little weird now. Seems to be coming in waves instead of a constant pain. Just can't wait to feel like myself again... Doc called today and said he is gonna put me into physical therapy to help get range of motion back. He doesn't think it's anything major or permanent, but he said we won't know for sure until some time passes...

Actually Michael is right, the body is well intelligent, the more you rest the quicker you will heal and possibly a chance to fast a bit or stay on light soups or other very light, possibly (liquid-based) foods and yeah maybe like i mentioned epsom salt relaxing baths and lots of rest.

Bathing in the sun and getting fresh air would only accelerate healing more so don't hesitate to be out in nature unless its really cold.

B R E A T H E

Yeah. I suppose I'm stuck waiting till the physical therapy starts. Oh well.