Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andre Quinonez

Any thoughts on reincarnation?

13 posts in this topic

I had a psychedelic trip where there was this sense of rebirth and death over and over again in different lifes. I took 400 ug of 1P-LSD and locked myself in a completely dark room for about 6 hours and did nothing. Honestly I have very blur memories of the experience because it was a lot of shit to process. But there was this recurring theme of rebirth and death over and over again, also my personal identify took some radical shifts to the point I wasn't even myself anymore. At some points I thought I was insane to the point of no return. This was about a month and a half ago and I still don't know what to make of it. Anyway, any thoughts on reincarnation or any useful sources to investigate more about this topic? or are this just traps of the mind. Thanks for any reply!

Belief System. 

Heard a bunch of people talking convincingly about it. I assume it's legit, but it doesn't change much probably

Reincarnation is true in duality; there are not two beings, only one, so no reincarnation of beings is taking place....and.....every being is actually the same being, so you could refer to past “lives” of the one being, and there could be ‘carry over’ in “lives”. In nonduality, there’s just you and nothing to resolve. 

Psychologically, when you’re aware of someone’s resistence from a painful experience, and you’re aware they’re not aware of the connection, reference to past lives can be one hell of a tool which circumvents the denial. Like, Jane has esteem issues, body image issues and confidence issues....”Jane, I see in a past life you witnessed many abuses to woman in World War Two when you were a first medical responder at outposts. You saw some really hurtful things and those memories may have carried over into this life subconsciously.” Jane may have such denial of being hurt in her past, such repression, that she is congnitively honestly unaware of the influence on her present emotions. Jane might feel relief that there is an explanation for the way she presently feels (albeit shady use of metaphysical perspective) and Jane might begin to be free enough o work through it. 

Not my favorite approach, but if it help, it helps. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Reincarnation is true in duality; there are not two beings, only one, so no reincarnation of beings is taking place....and.....every being is actually the same being, so you could refer to past “lives” of the one being, and there could be ‘carry over’ in “lives”. In nonduality, there’s just you and nothing to resolve

Only within the divided mind??

Sure my man. 

I haven’t read anything on this but I would assume this idea of reincarnation comes about by the false assumption influenced by the illusion of time. Also a conclusion that has been made in accordance to the sense of continuity by identity to the illusory stream of thought/self/ego. “Time” 

Only through this limited dualistic perception is there this sense of separateness. Only the sense of thought/ego presents such a divisive conceptualization. Without this dualistic perspective separateness is not “timeless” 

Without this conditioned perspective there is no other. No old no new, no you and no me...It’s all a happening. One whole movement and as you said being. 

Thats the way I see it. Gotta cut this short. Gotta bring the kid to baseball practice:)

(Speaking dualistically, as always)

There are some insane accounts of kids remembering things from past lives and recounting things and circumstances about people they would have had no way of knowing. Even Carl Sagan was sympathetic to the notion that something could be going on here (he didn't think there was, but he considered it worthy of investigation). 

I haven't rigorously checked the validity of the accounts I've heard about but they sound very convincing. And the way I see it, we somehow, inexplicably are seemingly alive now (or are we)... I don't see why it couldn't happen again. If life is a dream, then it would make sense that just like you forget dreams (unless they're particularly vivid and/or you're particularly conscious), you would forget your past lives.*

But I don't see past lives as literally being in the past. More like people have access to a greater or lesser degree to "memories" of all kinds of lives and experiences. Although that could (of course) be wrong, wth do I know.*

*pure speculation

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

don’t see why there couldn’t be reincarnation - again - in the duality (maya)

Yeah...

There are a lot of strange things in the duality (maya) 

hehe

Edited by Faceless

@Andre Quinonez according to Buddhist philosophy we continue to "reincarnate" because of the attachments we have developed in this life, that is the idea of samsara. The only way to stop reincarnating is to have no attachments at the moment of death, such a person enters "Nirvana". 

Therefore the reason we are on this planet is either because of some attachment we have had in a previous incarnation or we were a Bodhisattva meaning that we choose to continue reincarnating until all other living beings have entered Nirvana, most likely the former ;)