Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lelouch

Why highly gifted people are bad at math...

34 posts in this topic

@lmfao You wrote a lot there, but I enjoyed reading :) I especially agree with the part about how messed up the educational system is regarding these fields. 

@Outer It does. You need to research the topic better. Transient hypofrontality is the mechanism of the flow state. Of course, 'flow state' is quite a subjective term. But in essence, hypofrontality has the characteristics of what people refer to as flow-state which is a heightened sense of concentration. Which is due to a part of the PFC shutting down and making a switch in the use of the neurotransmitter dopamine. Rather than having and switching moderate amounts of focus on multiple tasks; you get a super focus on one task:-QgqCaWEiHMk0c-W7RpT14XXXL4j3HpexhjNOf_P

"In flow, parts of the brain aren’t becoming more hyperactive, they’re actually slowing down, shutting down. The technical term for this is transient, meaning temporary, hypo frontality. Hypo – H – Y – P – O – it’s the opposite of hyper means to slow down, to shut down, to deactivate. And frontality is the prefrontal cortex, the part of your brain that houses your higher cognitive functions, your sense of morality, your sense of will, your sense of self."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-edge-peak-performance-psychology/201703/the-transient-hypofrontality-edge 

There are some good books on this subject matter, just use Google. 

Edited by Lelouch
Extra info.

@Outer The only one confused is you... I support IQ research, it is one of my favourite topics. Between you took one sentence from a whole paragraph I've written and taken it out of context. ''What exactly is the advice?'' was obviously a rhetorical question with a follow-up explanation, but you left that out on purpose to suit your own agenda. 

Your model of knowledge on these subject matters is like Swiss Cheese, full of holes. 

Edited by Lelouch

@Outer Exactly, so that doesn't dispute what I said earlier about how transient hypofrontality has to do with flow state (some researchers claim that that is literally flow-state). Note that one of the reasons the networks deactivate is, because of the lack of the neurotransmitter dopamine (also commonly observed in brain's that have ADHD). I don't think I have to explain to you the purpose dopamine has in neuronal functioning. 

Edited by Lelouch

@Outer Fine Outer, let us put this behind us and move on. 

Based on what I have read it's not true.

Hypocrite. 

Edited by Lelouch

Wat. People who say they're bad at Math are stuck at a level that can hardly be called conceptual.

Don't take studies or examples of today's society. They are wrong. 

What I meant that the awakened ones are more competent in IQ than scholars, I mean it literally. 

Once you awaken and use your 6th sense you can memorize things 10x times magnitude at least, and have a cognitive potential much greater. But the successful people who know this will never disclose the secret: they will tell you they worked very hard. 

The most successful people simply don't work hard. Others work hard for them. 

@Outer Using any study older than 6 years is bad practice. Especially studies that reference other studies from decades ago. It is not b.s. what I am talking about just read the most recent studies on how ADHD/ADD works, it has to do with phenomena similar to transient hypofrontality. 

Edited by Lelouch

@Outer Is it? I actually forgot most of what we disagreed about. Have you read the rise of the Superman? It is a great book. Anyway, no harm intended, we are obviously both passionate about these things. 

Cheers brother!

@Guest Quanty  I do agree with this to some degree. After retaining my vital energies I've noticed an increase in my short-term memory, working memory, and long-term memory. I can sustain 6 to 8 numbers in my wm while before I could only sustain 4 to 5. It took roughly 100 days of semen retention to get this, and I also quit smoking and some other destructive habits, meditated more seriously. I think all of these factors contributed to me being more able to utilize my potential. For example, there is research supporting that meditation increases working memory. 

Edited by Lelouch

It seems to me that if a person has problems with math, then it is much better to just hire a good tutor. I also had problems with the mathematics and mathematics and the solution, as it turned out not to be such a complicated mathematical problem. I turned to maths tutor in Dover Heights. There are really very good tutors and teachers, so if you have problems with math, just go there and hire a tutor, so I think