thehero

What's the difference between awareness and consciousness?

9 posts in this topic

All depends on the meaning you give those words and how you are using them.?

Also what is the mechanism responsible for differences, seperations, and distinctions. Just to put things in perspective after you gather your meanings for awareness and consciousness. 

Words can mean one thing for one person and mean something else for anohter. For example, what most people on this forum call reality I call truth. Also what other people call consciousness I call reality. Well I now refer to them both ways as I have adapted for the sake of communication on the forum. Doesn’t matter what we call it just as long as we know what we are talking about..hehe

So it’s good to make sure people are aware of how words are being used and have a general consensus on there meanings. 

Thanks for the answer. In leo's high vs low consciousness vid he talks about to solve any problem in life,  you have to raise your consciousness. 

So if I have a problem in my relationships, does getting a better understanding of the mechanisms of what's occurring such as:

"There's lots of arguments happening between two people" 

You now realize

"This person is hurt, and I'm hurt and that's why we are lashing out at each other"

Does this mean consciousness has raised?

5 minutes ago, thehero said:

So if I have a problem in my relationships, does getting a better understanding of the mechanisms of what's occurring such as:

"There's lots of arguments happening between two people" 

You now realize

"This person is hurt, and I'm hurt and that's why we are lashing out at each other"

Does this mean consciousness has raised?

Well yeah ?

If you see the fact that you are hurt and there is always a compulsion to seek security away form that hurt, you then see that thought tends to mechanicaly move in the direction of self preservation. 

So yeah you have accomplished what most people refer to as raised consciousness. I call it an intelligent perception and therefore followed by intelligent action. 

Ultimately to see that thought has no place in relationship brings about intelligent action in relationship, and therefore no contradiction, confusion, and conflict. 

Beautiful, thank you. this is one of my favorite concepts 

3 minutes ago, thehero said:

Beautiful, thank you. this is one of my favorite concepts 

Cool man?

Because you see it within yourself. Therefore not a concept, idea, theory, but to you an actual fact that can be observed. 

Edited by Faceless

I usually use those words interchangeably.

Some teachers like to split hairs about it. I prefer not to because it confuses people.

Suffice it to say, if you knew what awareness/consciousness was, you'd be enlightened. It cannot be explained in words.

Everything is awareness/consciousness. But you are not aware/conscious of what awareness/consciousness is!

If you want to become aware/conscious, place your awareness/consciousness on awareness/consciousness itself for a long time without distraction. Eventually the true nature of awareness/consciousness will dawn. And that will be enlightenment.

It does no good to ask people what awareness/consciousness is. You must observe it directly in your experience. There is the answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura isnt awareness aware of consciousness but its a same "thing"?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.