Viking

How can one function in this world without meaning?

36 posts in this topic

everything is inherently meaningless, but I apply meaning to stuff. when i realize i apply meaning to stuff, i realize its meaningless inherently and the meaning i give fades. how do i function when i dont have that meaning? how can i be motivated to do anything without meaning? is there such a thing as artificial meaning, created deliberately? and if so, how does one do that? 

what is it that's telling you that its meaningless?....is it the same thing that told you that there was meaning prior?..

Is it ego trying to outsmart ego? same game bro....breath

In depth video incoming --> 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth thanks, i probably really need this video, will watch it.

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

One the greatest realizations I've had from realizing meaninglessness (my own personal realization not being told by someone else) is how interpretation is EVERYTHING, and you have the absolute freedom to see the world however you want to, you're actually choosing everything to be meaningless which is currently true for you, but it doesn't have to be. 

Memento Mori

36 minutes ago, Viking said:

everything is inherently meaningless, but I apply meaning to stuff. when i realize i apply meaning to stuff, i realize its meaningless inherently and the meaning i give fades. how do i function when i dont have that meaning? how can i be motivated to do anything without meaning? is there such a thing as artificial meaning, created deliberately? and if so, how does one do that? 

Yes, there is meaning....subjective meaning. 

People want to believe that objective meaning exists but they dont stop to think about what that means. Only consciousness can attribute meaning to something and consciousness is pure subjectivity and unrelated to objectivity. For that reason "objective meaning" is an oxymoron. 

If you dont think your subjective meaning is important, it is because you dont understand what/who you are yet.

17 minutes ago, Viking said:

It's worth a watch. I've seen it and it is helpful.

Meaning is meaning. It's neither valuable or worthless. We can however create our own meaning and use it in a positive way 

“What is” needs no meaning. For me that is the significance of living. But If you desire meaning, that is meaning. ?

From this orderly way of seeing one can direct that order and express it in a purposeful way. Action born of order. 

If their is a sense of wholeness we don’t have to conform to a self imposed meaning. That action of wholeness reflects its very own meaning/purpose. 

For me my purpose/meaning is action born of wholeness. To me meaning/purpose is a holistic action not an abstraction that is to be conformed to. 

2 hours ago, Viking said:

is there such a thing as artificial meaning, created deliberately?

@Viking   Let's put it to the test! Is there a meaning to anything before the mind assigns one?

ArtBAr.jpg

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@Viking   Let's put it to the test! Is there a meaning to anything before the mind assigns one?

ArtBAr.jpg

Hehehe ?

48 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

ArtBAr.jpg

Yes. I'm PRETTY sure Spiderman is into bearded men. Could be wrong though, I'm open to that. Remember, openmindedness. Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Memento Mori

"Meaning" is your worst enemy after compulsive thinking. 

23 minutes ago, Quanty said:

"Meaning" is your worst enemy after compulsive thinking. 

Nu uh, meaning is your best friend and compulsive thinking is your overwhelming urge for growth... ;) 

Memento Mori

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Nu uh, meaning is your best friend and compulsive thinking is your overwhelming urge for growth... ;) 

What kind of growth?? 

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

What kind of growth?? 

The kind of growth that will make a man like you and me VERY happy. **Not a big penis.****** 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

1 minute ago, Truth said:

The kind of growth that will make a man like you and me VERY happy. **Not a big penis. 

Hehehe ?

@Truth

That reminds me I need to grab some ice. For some reason getting kicked in the nads was on a few sparring partners to do list today. 

Like it was a trend ???

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Truth

That reminds me I need to grab some ice. For some reason getting kicked in the nads was on a few sparring partners to do list today. 

Like it was a trend ???

I too prefer icing my balls during a good nut kicking. 

lulzsec-thumb.jpg

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Maybe that was their purpose/meaning?

298zjd.jpg

Memento Mori

@Viking 

I do find it very interesting how people always ask well, “what gets you up in the morning”????

I say no-thing...They don’t understand no-things though. So they call me a lost soul, aimless, purposeless. Haha 

??‍♂️