Sarah Marie

Best Books For Relationships?

24 posts in this topic

I have recently started to really get interested in understanding the psychology behind relationship. I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have for books that can educate me on this.

There is no psychology behind relationships.

But if you want to get it wrong... try Sigmund Freud.

:)

Edited by Steven

@Steven I don't believe this. There totally is, relationships don't just happen unless you're whole by yourself first. How about understanding the way a male thinks vs. a female? This is what I am talking about. 

1 minute ago, Sarah_Flagg said:

@Steven  How about understanding the way a male thinks vs. a female? This is what I am talking about. 

Practical female psychology for the practical man by Joseph south, David clay,Franco.

Edited by Elton

@Sarah_Flagg

I can't say whether or not these books fits in as I have not yet read them myself, so I might be totally wrong here :D But I'll give it a shot anyway...

Art of Seduction - Robert Greene

The Truth -  Neil Strauss

Feeling good together by David burns.

I don't know if this book is what you are looking for but  it's about how to have better relationships.

Edited by Mary

What about Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus? It's on Leo's list and I bought it but still haven't gotten to it.

I would say "No more mr nice guy". It gives insight about relationships too. I remember this thing " When sex starts the learning stops" The learning about your partner. And from my own experience, this statement is true.He also says that if you are "fucked up" ( not this expression) you will definitely be attracted by the same type of person. If one person in the relationship is fucked up, then you have 2 "fucked up" people. 

How to Get Over a Guy! : The Truth about Why Guys Lie, Cheat and Are Disrespecting Women to the Extreme! Keith Crawford - this is tough, but it gets to the root of it

Edited by Irina Irina

One view is that studying psychology doesn't make one an expert at relationships. Having an authentic relationship with yourself and then finding others who do the same and then learning along the way is how to get relationships right because no matter how many techniques, concepts, relationship therapy you both go to, if the other person is an idiot then expect to be perpetually frustrated. xD Work on yourself and you will attract someone who does the same.

@Nomad How do you work on yourself? one way is through reading.

Reading also helps you, recognize when you're dealling with an idiot and move on ;)

Edited by Irina Irina

@Irina Irina Not if you only learn what an idiot is by reading a book about it. You learn what an idiot is by recognising the idiot in yourself and stop it attracting other idiots:P

Were not on the same page. And how can I find the "idiot" in me if I'm not reading? Do I get to dream the information at night? No I don't. I read. 

I only know what I know, and from my experience, what I know does not work. So I need reading. We all need it. We are not born with knowing attraction and relationships .

It appears you have a need to argue with people over irrelevant things without taking the time to digest or ask questions.  This might be a reflection of why you feel you need to read books to be sucfessful in life. @Irina Irina

@Nomad It appears you've put yourself on a pedestal, and look at us petty mortals how we are so lame and struggle. Give me a break.