tsuki

Timeless questions

30 posts in this topic

How to understand understanding?
Why thoughts think?
Why why?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Who is the one with understanding?

Look from where the thoughts arises to find out why they appear. 

One good pointer: What appears to be doesn't have to be true.

26 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

Look from where the thoughts arises to find out why they appear. 

Are you saying that instead of 'Why why?' it should be 'Where where?'
Interesting. Isn't it the same question?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Why why.png

look how interested you are, the wonder you carry, the joyful madness of trying to understand these concepts

you understand every single thing there is to know about the universe, on a deeper level

the only reason you're not making this understanding conscious is because you're having fun not understanding, not knowing

you say you want to understand, you want to know, that is the nature of the energy you're running on,the question itself is the activity

you want to want to understand, you want to want to know, 

if can accept this you'll enjoy your madness more, and as soon as its not fun or interesting to pretend, that's when enlightenment drops in, you understand again so you can move on to other exploration, the ego is an exploration,you are in full control, you just don't know you're right where you want to be

so enjoy,thats the point of these questions, enjoy your questions

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 hour ago, Arkandeus said:

so enjoy,thats the point of these questions, enjoy your questions

@Arkandeus I really like your answer. You say that the point of questions is enjoyment.
Don't all questions come down to one proto-question: what is the point of something? Where does it lead?
The problem starts when you ask: what is the point of having a point? This is the moment when questions become self-aware, like we are.

Am I the understanding of things? Can I not understand myself?
Do I understand things that are whatever they are, or is it that all there is is what I understand? Or is it both, at the same time?

Edited by tsuki

When is the next Now?
Is Now in the past ?
When does a thought,feeling,sensation or perception happen? In the future or past? 
If all experience happens in this moment of now,can there ever be any other existing time,than this moment of now?

If this moment of now is an inevitable truth,and is what is,and can never be any other way,whether it is accepted or not,will it cease to exist?

@who chit I know the answers!

22 minutes ago, who chit said:

When is the next Now?

There is no next now. Now is all there is.
The problem with such formulation of this phenomenon is that there is no point in discussing it once there is nothing to contrast it against.
You need yang to see yin.

23 minutes ago, who chit said:

Is Now in the past ?

There is no past. The past is made of memories. Memories are indistinguishable from plans/fantasies. Future is made of fantasies.
The difference between memories and plans is that memories are true, and fantasies are possible.
The difference collapses when you notice that when you plan, you live plans as you make them up. You are them. They are true, now.
You can also notice that memories are questionable. They are also only possible in the sense that you don't really know what happened.

25 minutes ago, who chit said:

When does a thought,feeling,sensation or perception happen? In the future or past? 

They happen now. The real question is what is a perception?
Your question arises from perceiving a perception. Perception became self-referential.

41 minutes ago, who chit said:

If all experience happens in this moment of now,can there ever be any other existing time,than this moment of now?
If this moment of now is an inevitable truth,and is what is,and can never be any other way,whether it is accepted or not,will it cease to exist?

These questions are linked.
Asking about the future of now is a strange thing to do. Now is all there is.

@who chit Huh, I just understood that you asked a 'When when?'.

Without referring to thought,only your direct experience, is this moment of Now timeless?

5 minutes ago, who chit said:

Without referring to thought,only your direct experience, is this moment of Now timeless?

I honestly don't know how to answer such a question. 
Without thought I don't know what time is.
The moment I stop thinking, there is even no now.

9 minutes ago, who chit said:

In my direct experience there is no difference between yes and no, so I'm unable to answer.

5 hours ago, tsuki said:

How to understand understanding?

By observing the process of it

5 hours ago, tsuki said:

Why thoughts think?

To figure out/to understand, thus to produce/manufacture meaning

5 hours ago, tsuki said:

Why why?

'The why' creates the reason for manifestation

12 minutes ago, tsuki said:

The moment I stop thinking

Haha, that's a good one. To think that you can stop thinking. Nice.

8 minutes ago, who chit said:

Good job.

Thanks! What do I win?

"Without thought I don't know what time is."

Time is a concept,an idea,a thought,and doesn't actually exist except as a concept in the mind. Through direct experience,you just proved this to be a truth.

"Thanks! What do I win?"

Golf clap?

200.gif

Edited by who chit

@Sevi The only thing that I know about understanding is that it results in knowledge/experience/memory.
What these are is in direct experience is simply lack of surprise that a certain occurrence happened.
It is the root of obviousness and normality of everyday situations.
Knowledge/experience/memory is unawareness of novelty. It is unattentiveness to what is.

To understand understanding is to make it obvious, unattractive for the mind.
Understanding does not come from observation. it is a spontaneous shift that lets you act (speak, think, do, interact, etc).
With understanding, inaction stops. Direction is known.

27 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Understanding does not come from observation. it is a spontaneous shift that lets you act (speak, think, do, interact, etc).
With understanding, inaction stops. Direction is known.

@tsuki this is true for understanding 'something'; then my question is what would be the methodology or the way (or the tool-s) to understand "the understanding" if not by observing it?

And?, by finding ignorance, do you mean, to find out what we are ignoring; or to find some reasons/excuses for yourself to ignore? Like using posting to distract yourself?

And,

34 minutes ago, tsuki said:

What these are is in direct experience is simply lack of surprise that a certain occurrence happened.

34 minutes ago, tsuki said:

To understand understanding is to make it obvious, unattractive for the mind.

@tsuki  would it be fair to say that you value the surprise factor? This aspect even didn't come to my mind at all in relation to this subject.

59 minutes ago, who chit said:

Golf clap?

200.gif

Ahahahah!!!