Jamie Universe

Is feeling nothing natural or something to fix or worry about?

10 posts in this topic

I wonder about this, because people associate feeling good or emotional honesty as a need, typically. And there are some who don't feel anything, and see it as a huge problem. Thoughts? I personally feel 'normal' a lot but then the occasional emotional moments (good and bad).

do you mean apathy? I've struggled with that a lot in the past. Teal Swan has a couple of good videos about apathy, getting in touch with our emotions, expressing emotions and such that have helped me a lot :) 

whatever arises, love that

3 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

do you mean apathy? I've struggled with that a lot in the past. Teal Swan has a couple of good videos about apathy, getting in touch with our emotions, expressing emotions and such that have helped me a lot :) 

does stuff like that actually work? rarely a youtube video changes something for me

@Viking in retrospective I'd say they changed something. first of all I became aware of unconscious mechanisms on a logical level. I remember writing down the steps and answering some questions. I also tried to apply those steps while interacting with other people, which deepened my empathy. that, in turn, connected me more with my own emotions. of course this takes time and practice (I keep forgetting) but in the long run I can say that my relationships became better, specially with my parents, who I regularly 'use' to practice ;) over the past months a lot of repressed feelings surfaced..mostly 'negative' ones. but I recognize now that that was necessary, as I've been subconsciously running away from them for a long time. 

even if you don't apply the steps she proposes, becoming aware of those patterns is already moving something in you, in my opinion. 

@Jamie Universe @okulele

thing is, we're led by emotions. emotions are not just flimsy sensations we can look over. they are everything in our experience of life. what does that mean?

e-emotion. they are literally what puts us into motion. every action we take, every word we say ore even every thought we think comes from our emotions. it's even scientifically proven scientifically that the input for every movement we 'willingly' make, starts from subconscious parts of our brain, the limbic system (where our emotions are seated) specifically.

thing is, whether we are conscious of it or not, everything we do comes from our emotions. now the question is: are we aware of what we feel? or are those emotions that lead us buried into the subconscious mind. everyone has emotions, we would die without. the question is, are we aware of them or have we been running way from them, distracting us from them until they became locked into the subconscious/shadow?

a little insight I just had whilst eating breakfast ;)

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If you’re gonna ride a roller coaster, it’s fun to put your hands up. 

it's so scary though..to let go at first