leon1234

Seeing clearer pictures in your mind?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Some weeks ago i started with concentration excercises and meditation to improve the clarity of my pictures in my mind's eye. At the beginning i didn't have any success, but some days ago during a meditation session all of a sudden i saw a brown house. It was as realistic as a picture but it was only for a brief moment and it disappeared. It was a big relief for me to get this image in my head because i thought that i may have aphantasia but i guess i just have weak imagination skills. 

So since then i didn't get a picture in my mind again. Maybe i am trying to hard. I don't know. 

My question is, do you have any ideas or tips on how to reinforce this clear images? 

The more relaxed you are the clearer the images become, for example when I do an hour of SDS I will get very clear surreal visions in my mind, but its very important that you dont try to grasp anything, just let go and it comes.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On an MDMA comedown I can close my eyes and see things that I imagine hyper realistic with a lot of details. I could imagine opening a book and I will be able to read whole pages, its usually random words strung together that make little sense. Crazy what the mind can come up with instantly, I think this is somehow related to how the brain creates dreams.

Edited by MM1988

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

The more relaxed you are the clearer the images become, for example when I do an hour of SDS I will get very clear surreal visions in my mind, but its very important that you dont try to grasp anything, just let go and it comes.

Well said. Just like water, when it boils/turbulent its difficult to see but when calm everything is clear :)

B R E A T H E

@leon1234 The images come much easier to me when laying down, and as @Rilles suggested, you should look into hypnagogic images and how to induce those.  This should be a separate practice than regular meditation, which is done sitting up, and also which you should be ignoring or at least not engaging with these images. In this practice, you will lay down, let the images come, and then even try to manipulate them a bit.  I love exploring my mind's imagery, since sometimes the images have to do with what I am thinking about, and sometimes something completely random, which gives you more insight into your subconscious and inner self. 

other things that will help are of course opening your third eye, detoxing your pineal gland, and visualization practices. 
here's a really neat video that I found that has you visualizing various things to practice:

Edited by starsofclay