DoubleYou

Your deepest desires show you what you essentialy are

6 posts in this topic

In a recent awakening I had this simple insight, which I find difficult to put in words. But it felt so powerful that I will try my best.

-----

Answer this question: 
What do you want the most in life on the deepest level?

Your answer will probably be love and happiness. 
Most of all, you want love and happiness. Peace.

But, you are identified with an ego. With a body/mind. 
So, you, the one that wants love and happiness, wants it only for yourself. 
And we all know the problems that arise from that.

But what if we could completely take away that identification for a moment, and ask that same question again?
What do you, without this identification as a separate ego, want the most in life on the deepest level? What would that answer be? 
Meditate on this.

The answer, still, is love and happiness! The exact same as before.
But now it's not seen from the perspective of ego.
Can you see what that shows you?

You ARE a field of consciousness which only wants love and happiness!
In other words, peace.

That doesn't change when there's an ego. Your egoic desires to be happy have been coming from your essential source all along.
There really is no egoic desire! There's only a misunderstanding. The ego itself.

So now... this desire for love and happiness is no longer limited to your body/mind.
You want it for everyone and everything.
Because that's what you essentially are. 
God only wants love and happiness!
Because you are God, and you just gave that answer to the question above. :D

-----

Please don't let love be the missing piece of the puzzle. We often dismiss this entire notion of love in the name of rationality and cold truth. Which is fine at times. But really, you'll find out... There's nothing here but this infinite field of love. We can give it names like consciousness, awareness. But it's just love. 
And again, your deep desire for it shows it to you. 

For me personally, this has been the insight that has really set things off. I've had a really difficult couple of months because I couldn't really accept where I was heading, and things got this really serious vibe because of it. Which I guess was a great time for me to face some of those demons. But after this particular awakening... there's now this newfound trust. Trust in that which I essentially am. And it makes it a lot easier to surrender whenever it gets difficult.

Anyway, hope that helps. <3

Nice insight! :)

The ego's hate is just a sort of twisted expression of love.

The devil is a preversion of godliness. When you comb out all of the devil's twisted preversions, he becomes God!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

very beautiful insight :) took some weight off my heart!

@Mikael89 look deeper? I can only speak for myself. but when I close my eyes and ask what I want in life, maybe the first answer would be 'Truth' but then, when I close my eyes, I feel that I can go deeper. why do I want Truth? because I think it will ultimately bring me love and happiness. 

I can actually say that I want many things.. Truth, wisdom, healing capacities, passion, big picture understanding, to become a sage, self-love... but ultimately it comes down to that one thing: why do I want all those things? because I think they would make me happy. so that's what I really want

whatever arises, love that

Sadhguru says the exact same thing here. I like how he uses the word greed in a positive light. That's key in transcending judgment of our ego's. Understanding the mechanism behind it until it collapses.

So again, the fundamental "greed" behind capitalism isn't greed at all. It's the exact same force of God that wants to take care of itself, yet our confused ego's try to claim that force for themselves. And so it starts to look something like the greed we see so much of today. That's how you end up with a world of seven billion people taking care of themselves first and foremost instead of just being one with that force that is always perfectly taking care of itself.

I know I've talked a lot about God's wanting of love and happiness. But I think a better wording would be: God's nature is taking care of itself. Which is the exact same thing.

I really love how when you have a profound insight, the entire world starts to reflect that insight back to you. That's how you know you're on the right path. And that's an insight by itself.

Anyway, thought that was a cool little 'coincidence' and wanted to share it. :)

On 16-4-2018 at 11:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

Nice insight! :)

The ego's hate is just a sort of twisted expression of love.

The devil is a preversion of godliness. When you comb out all of the devil's twisted preversions, he becomes God!

Exactly!

And simply by seeing this we become God's. The devil's one and only trick is to completely forget about itself, and in this forgetting he actually becomes alive, so to speak. Because now we think people are actually greedy. So we judge them and in that judging we turn ourselves and those people into devils! And so the devil is born. Out of the duality that you've just created. 

It's the most beautiful, yet terrifying play. 

On 18-4-2018 at 5:34 PM, phoenix666 said:

very beautiful insight :) took some weight off my heart!

@Mikael89 look deeper? I can only speak for myself. but when I close my eyes and ask what I want in life, maybe the first answer would be 'Truth' but then, when I close my eyes, I feel that I can go deeper. why do I want Truth? because I think it will ultimately bring me love and happiness. 

I can actually say that I want many things.. Truth, wisdom, healing capacities, passion, big picture understanding, to become a sage, self-love... but ultimately it comes down to that one thing: why do I want all those things? because I think they would make me happy. so that's what I really want

Look at it like this. When the one truth is: God/Consciousness takes care of itself. 
The desire for truth and the desire for happiness are the exact same thing! 

In finding truth, we find our happiness. :D

Edited by DoubleYou

30 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

the fundamental "greed" behind capitalism isn't greed at all. It's the exact same force of God that wants to take care of itself, yet our confused ego's try to claim that force for themselves. And so it starts to look something like the greed we see so much of today. That's how you end up with a world of seven billion people taking care of themselves first and foremost instead of just being one with that force that is always perfectly taking care of itself.

this. <3

how did you get there? if I identify the judgements I have towards others (and myself) and I try to see the benevolent force behind them, will 'good' and 'bad' merge and collapse? is that one portal to non-duality?

whatever arises, love that