Shan

How to RELAX in the evening ?

11 posts in this topic

When I am tired in the evening, I can no longer take new information (like reading a book) nor can meditate / do nothing technique ?

How can I relax and unwind without watching television or consuming alcohol ? Can you realte to this and have ideas for me ?

I play Cities Skylines or 7Days 2 Die.

Whilst listening to youtube forestssounds and drinking ectalyptus in warm milk.

Very relaxing.

It works well in wintertime.

In the summertime I just open the window and the chirpin birds puts me to sleep.

I don't know why you should sleep less I personally recommend to sleep as much as possible (at least 8 hours) except if Ether where being sarcastic? 

anyways what I have found useful is to just sit in isolation with no distractions and do nothing except taking slowly deep breaths for maybe about 15 minuts and don't think about anything at all except trying to relax the body I am usually completely relaxed with no stress after doing this you could pick anytime you want but I recommend at least enough so that you feel relaxed afterwards to make it easier to do this i recommend making it a habit so over time you use less willpower to do it

one of the reasons we end up not relaxed may be because of the lack of breaks I think this is a really good video on the topic

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT Well, I used to sleep 8 hours or more and I would feel very tired.

I dont know why I feel more energetic but sleeping less might have helped me.

Not everybody needs 8 hours, some might, I dont.

@Ether Can you  explain the sleep less part ? Latest sicence recommends 8 hours of sleep ?

Edited by Shan
Edit : I just saw your other comment

Just now, Shan said:

@Ether Can you  explain the sleep less part ? Latest sicence recommends 8 hours of sleep ?

Well, I havent done much research on it but I do know I have more energy now. Not out of this world but more energy.

Look, doctors say some us have chemical brain imbalances (no evidence), doctors say mental illnesses exist (no evidence either, its just emotions and thoughts), bla bla bla.

The point is not everything doctors or scientists say are true. To know what is true, you must see it with your own experience.

If the same things give you the same results, why not try something different?

On 16/04/2018 at 1:06 AM, BjarkeT said:

what I have found useful is to just sit in isolation with no distractions and do nothing except taking slowly deep breaths for maybe about 15 minuts and don't think about

I find the DO-NOTHING difficult to do at the end of the day. I lean towards Netflix junk, xbox or alcohol. Did it take timefor you to cultivate this habbit ?

you probably eat too much too. Sadhguru has a lot of good stuff about this on youtube. According to him if you live in the right way you should only need about 3-4 hours of sleep. Would be pretty nice eh ;). But yeah, I would advise to eat more raw vegetables and fruits and much less carbs then you are eating now. Maybe also cut out meat. When I did this I felt a big improvement in my energy. My need to sleap and eat went down pretty substantially.