okulele

All techinuqes lead to one place

6 posts in this topic

The techniques I use are mostly Do-Nothing, Breath Awareness and Self Inquiry. However lately I find, that all of them basically lead to the same place of stillness.

My question is, why is Leo so big on combining meditation with inquiry and other stuff if it all goes to the same place? Am I missing something?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Not necessarily one place.

And different techniques resonate for some while not for others.

What happens when you get stuck with only one technique in your toolbox?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Different things work for different people at different times." -Shinzen Young

Thank you for your answers. Looking back I see how inquiry let me deepen my meditation. On the other hand now only sitting and abiding as the being seems more appropriate than endless questioning.

Is inquiry, that is the questioning, still useful after being able to sit in stillness? There seem to be no questions to ask really.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele cerainly, the question is supposed to be a gentle push into a certain direction. Ask yourself: "am I aware?" and see where your attention goes. Only answer your mental questions verbally if you feel a need to. 

2 hours ago, okulele said:

The techniques I use are mostly Do-Nothing, Breath Awareness and Self Inquiry. However lately I find, that all of them basically lead to the same place of stillness.

My question is, why is Leo so big on combining meditation with inquiry and other stuff if it all goes to the same place? Am I missing something?

I cant speak for anyone else but there are subtle but important difference between them for me. Loving kindness meditation is another good tool the tool box that can lead to unique but radical changes.