Phill

The future is unknown and so is death?

10 posts in this topic

After almost 2 years of studying self development, I am right now into this, existential crisis.

Sometimes, a few hours in a day, I go into this feeling of everything I do is completely worthless, there is no point, because once I  die, I am dead, and then everything is gone forever, life itself seems to be just a passage into the unknown. @Leo Gura videos has definitely been incredibly helpful on increasing my consciousness  helping me become aware of how the mind works(thank you very much man, it cured many of my mental illnesses and suffering), I am aware of so many things in which I wasn't, but, I still can't get the idea that he says on the Absolutely Infinity video on DMT, that death doesn't exist, that there is no death.

When I look around, and I see parents dying, friends dying, everything is decaying slowly and slowly, that is simply the way this universe works it seems like, that's the nature of it, at least that's what we can verify empirically speaking.

This doubt of 'what is going to happen to me once I die?' have been really torturing me lately which is leading to tell myself, stop trying to grasp something in which I don't have access of, and instead accept it.

I once used weed, I had a terrible terrible trip with it, the Time notion we humans being have, got distorted in such a way, that I got paranoid that that trip would last forever, because at THAT moment, I couldn't understand anymore what Time is or was. I lost the capacity of understanding it which led me to constant, non stop panic attacks until the effect vanished, it was one of the worst experiences I had in life.

That leaves me with a big doubt, since I am a skeptic mofo, how can you know that, such drug, isn't altering your brain, and all the things your seeing, all the things your experiencing, isn't just caused because of the drug itself? In my case, weed in my case almost completely destroyed the notion of "Time", so what can other drugs do?

Just by looking in history and the world we can see that, people really have a hard time living without knowing about their future, what is death, what is life, hence why there is so many religions out there creating more and more rationalizations in order to explain the inexplicable, just tricking themselves for relief. Right now I do understand why, it is definitely disturbing not knowing that. I hold no sacred belief about death, what I am basically saying is that, once your dead your dead, that is what we know and that is verifiable isn't it? What is beyond that is a completely, utter mystery to me, it is the absolute unknown to me, and I have been working on accepting this but man, it has been really tough. Have any of you went through this process?

@Phill I used to smoke alot of weed and I had the same sort of experience, I would feel my heart tighten and I thought I was surely going to die. But every time nothing bad would happen it's just my mind punishing me.

I think how you experience different drugs is 10% about them and 90% about you. I had and still do have alot of trauma i need to work through and I'm guessing you probably do also based on your description of your weed experience. I recommend you try Leos holotropic breath technique if you haven't already, it helped me feel extremely comfortable so that i could consider issues like my past trauma and  mortality without them causing me to panic.

All the best man and remember you are not alone in this freaky place called life

@TruthSeeker47

Thanks man, you know when you try to speak to all the people you know in real life but they just don't listen to what you have to say? They just right away start judging you, holy fuck it's like I can't connect with anyone about this subject, it feels almost that I am suffering alone with this, your words made me feel that I am not alone.

Now about trauma, I think being born is a trauma itself, every baby that comes to this world (I just assuming) feels derelict, in the past I had terrible parents, I can't recall any specific trauma, I will definitely try Leos Holotropic Breathing, I tried Wim Hof Method before, I saw the results right away, will see if I go more in depth with that.

I also feel that, one my main issues is that the anxiety just amplifies all this pain and doubt. My anxiety is severe I have adapted my life around my anxiety it really is something, I can't be in the moment but thinking about the future. Thanks again man, all the best.

Don't be afraid. When you die your astral bodies and all finer energy bodies will just seperate from your physical body and you will live on in another "ghost" body in the astral world. You will still be you, there will still be a landscape, there will still be other beings you can interact with. Life just goes on on a different plane. But what you do then and what happens to you there is all up to you. Maybe you get reborn on earth, maybe eventually even your astral body dies and your spirit, your awareness, your YOU, the literal you moves one plane ahead into the spirit realms. From there you can still be reborn in the physical, just stay there forever or dissolve and merge with the all/god. But it's up to you. 

Don't worry about death. What you probably should be worrying more about is how to not be reborn in this place again but go to some better place. 

There were more than enough mystics and great masters out there in the astral to report all the same things, also countless NDE, Visions etc all tell about this. But I get it why you are afraid. You must see for yourself to believe. You can start to study those things and go to the astral yourself.

Edited by Otogi

The Future is known, and Death is a choice.

<3

@Phill Some of us know what death is, because we have died ;)

What you seek and don't know it yet, is AWAKENING.

When you understand fully what reality is, you understand what death is. Death does not exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Phill "Once you die you are death and everything will be worthless". The existential  crisis you have is because "you" think there is nothing of the self that will continue after death.

You have to question who you even are, who is the self, what even is identity, and maybe your current perception of who you think you are is very limited.

Basically we humans are made out of billions of cells, each dying and regenerating everyday (some studies say that every 7 years nearly all cells have been replaced!). So all these living organisms inside you are able to live on their own as long as they get nutrients ect.

They (the cells) have your DNA but could basically live seperate from "you", taking it one step further a genetically identical twin is nearly the same person.

The difference is that a human never has the exact same experience as anybody else and the perspective they have is thus unique.

So from these two simple example we can already see that having same DNA or "physical body" doesn't mean it is the same "person" since the psychological or mental part is always different due to different experiences.

A clone of you is not you, he/she is a completely new person.

Where I'm getting at is that the perceived idea of identity is very vague, the ego especially likes to claim that it is one unchanging person but that's obviously false.

If your body changes every 7 years then there is nothing left of you in the first place. Your physical body as to say at 70 has already died 9 times! The majority of where you was born with has been completely replaced.

So what does "physical death" even mean then? Well obviously it's not about losing your specific body then.

Now lets have a look at the mental/psychological part. Our minds are like operating systems, the believes and presumptions we have are constantly updated.

Smaller ones don't affect us that much but deep changes in our paradigm of thinking can cause some sudden (unwanted) shifts. Even after reading this your perception (slightly) changes and you will continue further with new ideas and believes.

The body and the mind are constantly dying and regenerated, going through certain age also can wildly alter perception of life. You are never the same person. We are constantly changing.

Our surroundings do give us the impression of confinement, the fixed place where we live, who our friends and family are. It are the things that appear to be unchanging on medium to long timeframes that give us a sense of position in the world.

In the grand scale of things nothing is fixated, everything will change and will never be the same again.

The ego likes the illusion of maya, or the illusion of solidity of things. That's because it can cling, claim and think it is his/hers.

Now concluding, physical and psychological death happen all the time. There is however the one "scary" final death of our perceived body, we see that other people are indefinitely dead and seems they won't come back either. It scares us, because we only see an end and no new begin, so we created the idea of heaven.

To be clear, I dont know whether heaven exists, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. My question to those who claim that it exists, how do they know.

So that final death, the "no return" freaks some people out. Others are content with what they have done and that's it.

We are scared because we feel we build something over all those years, that spirit or essence that has been there from the beginning. It is "us", and we pressume it will end here.

What if we broaden our view and go beyond our physical body and mind?

The things we have done in this world are they not also a part of your identity? They live on in the minds or as physical chronological events that you started. It is your essence that is the whole reason those things are happening and continue to affect the future.

In a sense, your life has altered the whole universe. All your actions, every breath, tear and ecsastic moment has changed faith and will continue to do so. Taking it to the max, you are the universe, it has your identity, all our idenities, each living as some sort of organ inside the larger whole.

Maybe if you die now you will lose everything, but imagine that all these consequences shape new life. What if "destiny" what you experience are the past lives that brought you here and the things you do know will bring you somewhere else in the next life.

This is my whole drive, to have faith that the things we do here resonate to a next life, if we bring good into the world that will bring good to the future. Same goes for bad things.

See yourself as others, drop your identity, be alive and enjoy things while sharing, caring and loving everything around you. You will be amazed how frictionless life will become and maybe there will even be an awakening of a larger being.

When you die you will not die in fear, you will die with a tear of awe and gratitude and prepare for the next ride, namaste! 

On 4/12/2018 at 6:48 PM, Phill said:

In my case, weed in my case almost completely destroyed the notion of "Time", so what can other drugs do?

They can destroy all you ideas of you and the falsity of the illusion. Time is a product of ‘fields’, like space, gravity, and your nose. None of it is reality. The fields aren’t even real.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Phill @Leo Gura

Death of you exists as a flash of ending of your life-story. When Your whole life turns into like a fast forward movie and it burns out suddenly. 

If You want to stop it, You cant xD To stop it, means to wake up from it. Not creating end to it. Thats just more story when you trying to create a beautiful and all powerful ending. I only have a memory of “me” dying. And thats enough for me to get into work and come write chapters in Actualized forums. LOL no no. That would be wasting the Gift.

So @Phill  not so fast with “everything dying anyway” - this thought will never leave us. Your signature is in it. You created it :x So that means your all actions and thoughts are our continuation. 

Physical life on a other hand was never directly experienced so you cant lose it because you didnt had it in the first place. 

Thank you all for playing